This greatsword belonged to Lord Gwyn's Knight Artorias,
who fell to the abyss.
Swallowed by the Dark with its master,
this sword is tainted by the abyss,
and now its strength reflects its wielder's humanity.
- Soul of Artorias
- Any +10 Dagger, Straightsword, or Greatsword except Broken Straight Sword and Straight Sword Hilt
- 5,000 souls
- Like the Cursed Greatsword of Artorias, this weapon has an INT and FTH requirement even though it has no non-physical damage.
- With stats needed to wield Greatsword of Artorias (STR 24, DEX 18, INT 20, FTH 20), Abyss Greatsword has 240 + 106 = 346 physical damage. At 10 humanity, Abyss Greatsword will have 421 physical damage.
- Cannot be buffed with spells or items
- If you do not meet the INT and FTH requirements but still meet the required STR and DEX, you will still be able to do full damage with the sword, but, you will get a stagger animationthat makes you immune to backstabs. This occurs because since the INT and FTH requirements don't actually affect the damage output, but rather the STR and DEX, you can completely disregard investing to get the INT and FTH stats to 18. However, the drawback to this is that it will not allow you to be able to do any follow ups, as once this sword makes contact, it will bounce off, stopping you from doing anything for a few seconds.
Requires Demon Titanite
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Burden will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required. For example, a character with 18 Strength can wield a Great Axe (Requires 26 Strength) properly if the weapon is held with both hands.
|StatBonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|FramptSouls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt|