Content provided after the initial release of the game.
For the release of the game for PC, additional content was added to supplement the original game.
The additional content was later provided for download for the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 consoles.
Accessing the Additional Content
There are two prerequisites
- Kill the Crystal Golem in a cave near the Darkroot Basin Hydra to free Dusk of Oolacile. Answer "yes" when she asks whether you want her help or not. *EDIT* You do not have to answer "yes". Even if you said "no" and killed her the pendant will still drop and the portal will show up. (For the Crystal Golem to spawn in the Hydra cave, the hydra must be dead. You may also need to quit and re enter the game or leave and re enter the area.)
- Place the Lordvessel in the Firelink Altar.
These two conditions will allow the Crystal Golem in The Duke's Archives to add a Broken Pendant to your inventory after it dies. You can kill the Crystal Golem before saving Dusk, but it will not give you the Broken Pendant. As long as the Broken Pendant is in your inventory, it doesn't matter whether Dusk is alive or not. She may be dead and you can still access the Additional Content.
Then, follow these steps
- Go to The Duke's Archives. There will be a Crystal Golem near the elevator after the first bonfire.
- Kill this Crystal Golem. A Broken Pendant will be added to your inventory automatically.
- Go back to where you fought Dusk's Golden Crystal Golem in Darkroot Basin, a portal will appear there.
- Examine this portal. A cutscene will trigger. After the cutscene, you will be in Sanctuary Garden.
- Battle of Stoicism
- Battle of Stoicism Gazebo
- Chasm of the Abyss
- Oolacile Township
- Oolacile Sanctuary
- Royal Wood
- Sanctuary Garden
- Abyss Greatsword
- Cleansing Greatshield
- Dark Silver Tracer
- Four-pronged Plow
- Guardian Tail
- Gold Tracer
- Gough's Greatbow
- Gough's Great Arrow
- Obsidian Greatsword
- Oolacile Catalyst
- Manus Catalyst
- Stone Greataxe
- The additional content was released for PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 23 2012 for North America, and October 24 for Europe and Australasia priced at $15/1200 Microsoft Points.
- The PC version is called "Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition". The downloadable content for consoles is called "Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss".
- The Additional Content was actually included in Patch 1.06 for consoles. Purchase of 'Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss' from the respective Playstation/Microsoft store merely unlocked the content.
- A Japanese and Asian (English language) on disk version for the PS3 only (that includes the additional content) was made available on October 24 2012.