The Altar of the Gravelord is a small isolated cave that have two different functions depending on from where you access it. It doesn't contain much apart from the coffin of Gravelord Nito and is a dead end.
- The Catacombs
Optional. Primarily for accessing the Gravelord Servant covenant. Check the page for more details.
- Tomb of the Giants
Mandatory. As a boss arena for Gravelord Nito, located at the end of the Tomb, after the room with the Pinwheel Servants and Skeleton Babies. If you have defeated Nito, you can warp back to this area via a bonfire.
- You can use the coffin as the "back door" to the boss arena:
- If you have died while fighting Nito and wish to reclaim your lost souls and/or humanity, you may do so by entering the Altar through the Catacombs, instead of re-entering the Altar through the Tomb and consequently reengaging Nito.
- If you have defeated Dark Spirit Paladin Leeroy, you can find his corpse containing the Paladin Set in here. With the coffin, you can get his armor even before fighting Nito.
- Once you have defeated Gravelord Nito, you won't be able to activate his altar for the Gravelord Servant covenant anymore, although you can still access this area through the coffin.
- If accessed via the Tomb of the Giants for the boss fight, you can only leave by teleporting via the bonfire.
- If accessed via the coffin in The Catacombs, you can travel back by nesting back into the coffin that got you there.