Next to the main church building is a stone bridge (guarded by 2 sword-wielding and 1 crossbow-wielding Undead Soldiers) that goes out towards the forest. Halfway through the bridge, you will hear metals clanging. Follow this path to a small structure (the old church). The old church has 3 floors, the top is a ruined temple, the middle floor has a bonfire and bridge to Sen's Fortress and the lowest level is where Andre will be working. Also down a short staircase from Andre is a large room with a Prowling Demon.
- Can reinforce weapons using the appropriate Titanite
- Can ascend +5 Normal weapons to +6 Normal if given the Large Ember, found in the Depths, near the first Butcher
- Can ascend +5 Normal weapons to Raw weapons if given the Large Ember
- Can ascend +10 Normal weapons to +11 Normal if given the Very Large Ember, found in New Londo Ruins after draining the water
- Can ascend +5 Normal weapons to Divine if given the Divine Ember, found at the top of a tower after the Moonlight Butterfly fight
- Can ascend +5 Divine weapons to +6 Divine if given the Large Divine Ember, found at the Tomb of the Giants, guarded by six Giant Skeletons
- Can ascend +5 Divine weapons to Occult if given the Dark Ember, found in the Painted World of Ariamis behind the annex door
- Can repair any1 damaged equipment for souls. Cost depends on the equipment's soul-cost-per-durability ratio and the amount of durability repaired
- Sells/drops the Crest of Artorias that opens a shortcut door in the Darkroot Garden, near the hidden bonfire, which links both sides of the gardens. The crest is not an essential item because you can get to the other side via a ladder at the waterfall next to the Hydra mini-boss in Darkroot Basin. It is just a very easy short cut for soul farming the Clan of Forest Protectors and boss encounter
- If you answer "No" when he asks for any ember, he will keep asking the player the next time you start a conversation with him
- Beware of accidentally making him hostile; for whatever reason, he is an incredibly strong NPC capable of easily smashing your guard with his punch combos or drop kick attacks. If you do want to kill him for whatever reason, block his punches with a high-stability shield, roll his drop kick and backstab him as he gets up.
- If you give Andre the Very Large Ember before the Large Ember you may not be able to upgrade past +5 or to any Raw weapons
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Sean Barret