- Anor Londo is reached by defeating the Iron Golem at the end of Sen's Fortress. When first arriving you will be dropped off at the top of a tall staircase. Head down the stairs and you will see a Sentinel, you can just walk past him. Ignore the two Sentinels to your left and go out the door on the right; in the room to your left after exiting, there's a Bonfire. You can then head back and kill the Sentinels to get the Demon Titanite in the chest.
- At the Bonfire you will meet the Lady of the Darkling, who is the the Fire Keeper of this Bonfire. She can upgrade your Estus Flask and has a lot of interesting information about Anor Londo and the Duke's Archives to share.
- Exiting the Bonfire room, to the left there's another room guarded by Sentinels with two more chests to open. The left chest contains Twinkling Titanite, but the right one is a Mimic which will drop a Crystal Halberd. The path from here is blocked so go back to the Bonfire.
- Directly across from the Bonfire room is an elevator which leads downward. At the bottom of the steps you will face a Gargoyle, cutting his tail gets you the Gargoyle Tail Axe. Now turn around and hop off the ledge near the stairs. The left side (facing back towards the elevator) leads to a chest containing a Demon Titanite.
- On the other side there is a wooden-shingle ramp that can be walked across to gain access to the church. Go up and in through the window then kill the two Painting Guardians, one of which will fall from the platform above. Climb the ladder and walk across the rafters while carefully blocking knives from more Painting Guardians. You can position yourself just before a corner and when they close for melee they will jump off trying to attack..
- Midway across the rafters is a chandelier. You can hit the chain with your weapon to knock it down to the floor below making a Sorcery available later on. Optional: At the far end on the left there's a chest, to get it go down the ladder and drop down to the feet of the statues, go left and (carefully) roll between the columns, go up the stairs (a Painting Guardian is waiting you behind the corner) and you will find the chest containing a Divine Blessing. To go back do the same, drop in front of the statues and roll past the columns on the other side. Go through the fog door and run down the walkway to the spiral stairs and pull the lever. The spiral stairs will move and allow you to cross the bridge with the second Gargoyle. After you kill it you can rotate the crank in the middle to lower the tower a second time to find a bonfire at the bottom.
- You can also head to the ground level of the church (head straight up from the bonfire) which is swarming with Painting Guardians. Kill them carefully and grab all the loot on the ground. If you check the giant painting on the far wall while you have the Peculiar Doll in your inventory, you will be pulled into The Painted World of Ariamis. Be aware that this is a one-way trip. Check that realm's page for more details and if you do not feel you are ready you can come back later.
- Back at the spiral tower, wind it up to the level of the Gargoyles and head up the giant flight of stairs towards the castle. At the top of the long staircase, there are two Sentinels, lure them out one at a time then head right through the arch and to the top of a staircase.
- There are three Bat Wing Demons at the bottom of the stairs (one hidden to the left that can easily aggro you). Hit the one at the far end of the landing with an arrow or throwing knife and it will fall off. Edge forward until you pull the aggro of either the right one or the one on the left and deal with it, then kill the last one
- There are two more Bat Wing Demons in a tower at the bottom of the bridge, but they won't attack until you step into the tower so heal up beforehand if you need to. They are fast and hit hard so trying to take both at once is not recommended, instead you can turn left and run straight up the path (read the next step first), they will be unable to follow but can throw their spears so move hastily. Alternatively, after getting their attention turn around and run back up the bridge to the top and a little way along towards the castle, one will often walk off the edge trying to go up the bridge leaving you with a simple fight against the remaining one.
- This is the most tedious part of the area, since there is an archer either side of the top of the ramp firing heavy arrows that knock you back even while shielding. For the purposes of the below guides they are left archer and right archer respective of while you are facing the castle. There is a Soul of a Hero behind the left archer if you wish to brave it. Running around the right side of the pillar at the halfway point causes the archer on the left to walk down a little way and place himself behind a pillar leaving you free to approach the right archer, so always take this route. The right archer is unaffected either way. Once you are past them it is safe passage to the next Bonfire.
- Strategies for passing the archers
- Bow - Walk about a third of the way up the narrow path towards the two bowman - their arrows will mostly be blocked by the sidewalls of the path (test first), but you can still fire over and hit the archers. If using Poison Arrows, hit each Knight three times to trigger the poison effect. You may have to trigger poison twice to finish each one, depending on your equipment.
- One-Two Strategy - Sprint to and defeat the left archer, protected from the right archer by the pillar (care to conserve your stamina by walking up the ramp as you're relatively safe until you get between them. Head back up and roll under (or block, though this is slower and riskier) the right archer's arrows until you can get to him and take him out.
- Ring of Fog / Hidden Body - The simplest way to get past the two archers is to equip the Ring of Fog or Hidden Body, it will decrease the archers' range of vision so the further one won't shoot at you. You can also stay back at the pillar halfway up the ramp and shoot the archers with a bow, they will only retaliate.
- Dodge Roll - Requires no equipment and is relatively easy so good strategy for newbies but recommend under 50% load. Run up to the castle, turn right and just walk towards the right archer while rolling under any arrows he fires.
- Stealth Approach - 100% block shield and light armour only; no poise — Once you get around the column in the middle of the ramp, hold your shield up and jog up towards the castle, briefly stopping halfway up for a second or two so he'll forget you. Go up to the right archer, rolling under any arrows he fires at you (the left archer should have stopped firing).
- Force - Faith-based players with a good sense of timing can use the Force Miracle to deflect their arrows.
* Strategies for killing the right archer after getting to him
* Standard duel by blocking and/or parrying his attacks and counter-attacking.
* When you get close enough that he takes out his shield and sword, turn around and run a short distance back down the ramp. He should walk straight off the edge, though there is a small chance he will pull out his bow again. In this case you will have to repeat, just take it a bit slower when running back.
* Stand just before the little corner between the wall and the pillar while holding your shield up and the archer will fall off after a few attacks.
* Walk against him with your shield up and eventually he will fall down.
- After the archers head around the corner to the right, drop down onto a balcony, and enter through the fog door into a hallway. There's a Bonfire behind the first door on the left.
- This area is mostly filled with Silver Knights, which are basically just slightly faster Black Knights. After you access the Bonfire there is another door across the hall, inside is a Silver Knight with a Chest containing three Sunlight Medals. Outside the Bonfire to the left you will notice a spiral staircase. Do not go up it right away, instead go around it to kill the Silver Knight so he doesn't chase you up the stairs. After you kill him there is a door to the left and right of him, the door to the left contains a secret passage, hit the Illusory Wall inside the fireplace to reveal a passage leading Havel's Armor Set, Havel's Greatshield and Dragon Tooth. One of the chests is a Mimic that will drop an Occult Club. The other door is locked.
- Head back up to the staircase and proceed to the next floor. There you will find two Mimics; when killed, they will drop five Silver Coins and a Gold Coin. There are two hallways on this floor, one leading to a silver knight at the end and a door to the left and right, and another hallway leading to a dead end with a door to the left and right. In the hallway with a dead end go through the door to the left to kill the Silver Knight (Spear) and get a Soul of a Hero. Tip: You can kill the Titanite Demon below with Spells or Bow, he can not attack.
- Head towards the hallway on the other side of the stairs you came up. The Silver Knight at the end is guarding an empty balcony so you do not have to fight him. Enter the door on the left, through the next door for there is another Silver Knight waiting on your right as soon as you walk in. After he is killed you can proceed up the stairs leading to a rooftop with another Silver Knight waiting on your left, kill him first and then take the archer at the other end.
- If you are following Siegmeyer of Catarina go down the other set of stairs in the corner to find him. Talk to him until you exhaust his dialogue then open the door he is by, but be careful for there are three Silver Knights. Lure each out one at a time, a bow is useful to pull one at the end of the room. Loot the chest for a Demon Titanite. Open the door to find yourself back in the hallway you were last in. Once you have done this return to the Siegmeyer of Catarina and talk to him again. Hearing that you have defeated the knights he will reward you with a Tiny Being's Ring. Go back up the stairs.
- Proceed to the end of the rooftop (where you killed the Silver Knight at the end of step 15) and descend the staircase, you will be in a final hallway with a door on either side. The left door leads to a Titanite Demon (if you didn't kill him earlier) but ignore him for the moment. Go through the room on the right and down the stairs to find two Silver Knights. Kill the spear knight and open the door to find the first level (where the bonfire is). Kill the sword knight and loot the chests to find the [[Silver Knight Set]] then go back to the bonfire if you are low on Estus. Return to this room and go back up the stairs, you can now take the Titanite Demon if you want, and proceed up the stairs at the end of the hallway.
- Go left up more stairs and note the broken pane in the window. Drop through it and down to a ledge leading around the corner. Roll off the ledge over the fence and pick up the Dragonslayer Greatbow with a few Dragonslayer Arrows. Continue around the fence to find a gap you can drop through, try to do a falling attack on the Bat Wing Demon if you can but you can safely duel him. Next take out the demon just across from you, then head left to the top of a stairs. Again you can shoot the farthest off the edge, then pull the two remaining demons one at a time. Get the Titanite Chunk at the end of the landing at the bottom of the stairs, open the gate leading to just outside the front door (to the two Sentinels - you don't have to fight them - then head in to see the Giant Blacksmith.
- Once you're done smithing and buying, walk between him and the wall to find a chest containing the Hawk Ring. Go through the passage to your right to return to the area where you jumped out the window and head down to the left and kill the Silver Knight. Note he has a bow out but if you just run up to him he'll miss one or two shots and then switch to his sword and shield. If you plan on killing the two Royal Sentinels make sure you only aggro one at a time. They have a large aggro radius and will start moving before you leave the stairs. Run to one end of the hall and kill one then take the other. There is a lever at one end of the room (opposite the boss fog) that opens the front door.
- After dealing with (or avoiding) the two Royal Sentinels, proceed up the stairs through the boss fog where you will fight Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough. This is a tough fight to do alone, so it is recommended that you either summon players for help, or at least use the Solaire of Astora summon sign. It's best to wipe out the two Royal Sentinels and the Silver Knight Archer before summoning him as he could become injured, reducing his usefulness during the boss fight. There appears to be a bug on the PS3 version, if you summon Solaire of Astora and run through the fog door he will not follow you into the boss area so just give him a little time to meet you at the fog door.