Sieglinde of Catarina
Siegmeyer of Catarina
|Dragon Scale (x3)
Great Magic Barrier
|Hydra (does not respawn)
Man Eater Shell
Ash Lake lies at the bottom of The Great Hollow and is an endless expanse of black water. This area is considered to be the absolute lowest point geographically in Lordran and is where all life originated. The shores hold remnants of giants and a Hydra still swims along its banks killing everything and everyone that dares cross this white sand.
Ash Lake is visible off in the distance when the player reaches the end of the Tomb of the Giants before going into the final cave to fight Gravelord Nito (where the orange fog gate normally is).
At the end of this area stands a surviving member of the Ancient Dragons.
- There are 2 bonfires in Ash Lake, one at roughly either end.
- You will find a Hydra here, as well as the Stone Dragon NPC. Pray to the Stone Dragon to join the Path of the Dragon covenant.
- This area is a dead end, but you can get back easily if you have Homeward and you haven't rested at any bonfires. Otherwise, you will need to head back up The Great Hollow.
- Once you have the Lordvessel, you can warp to the bonfire at the Stone Dragon.
- 3 Dragon Scale on corpses, plus two from the hydra [nb if you dont pick up hydra scales immediately and do something silly like fall off ledge then they are gone forever].
- Great Magic Barrier in the hollow tree on the way to the Dragon NPC. To reach this item, walk on the branch that goes around and inside the tree. Below the midsection of the branch on the right, you can see an opening fo a large hollow branch (looks like plank of wood coming out of bottom). Carefully, fall to this opening which will lead you to the item.
- Tip - Be prepared to fight. If you were cursed in The Great Hollow, try and avoid the Hydra as it will one-shot you easily.
- Tip - Watch out for camera problems. Especially when going up tree roots, it can happen (same as in The Great Hollow that a root may cover the viewport, so the camera adjusts your view and changing your walking direction. This can cause you to drop down and die, so watch out for these parts. Change the Camera Auto Wall Recovery to OFF and it will not flip around.
- Tip - If you want to avoid the hydra, either equip the Ring Of Fog and move slowly or equip both the Ring of Fog and Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring
- Tip - If you intend just to interact with the Stone Dragon NPC, you can simply run through the hydra entirely without the Ring of Fog or the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring. Most of the time you can do this without dodging, as the water jet ranged attack of the hydra often misses. If you angle towards the side of the beach directly opposing the hydra as you run through, it will leap over the beach and switch sides. Be careful if it does this, as it sometimes can shoot water down on you rather accurately from above (see "Bombardment" on the Hydra page). Interesting to note that the boss can sometimes kill itself when it leaps over the beach, so sometimes running through is advantageous.