A low ranking demon armed with a weapon from another demon's bone, found patrolling Anor Londo. They're also the ones who are tasked to transport the Chosen Undead from Sen's Fortress to Anor Londo and vice-versa.
Common enemy just outside the main building
- Various Demon's Spear stab - additional Lightning damage, so you will still get damaged even though you block their attacks. Easily deflectable though, using medium shield will deflect all their attacks
- Spear throw - they may throw their spear from afar. Be cautious when you managed to get them stuck in something or you're trying to run away from them: their stabs may not reach you, but their spear throw can.
- Their spear deals heavy Lightning damage, so it is advisable to use a shield with high resistance against Lightning. (Usually wooden shields, e.g. Eagle shield, East-West Shield, Wooden Shield, etc)
- While this won't work for all of the Bat-Wing Demons in Anor Londo, you may be able to thin their ranks a bit by wearing the Ring of Fog and using stealth to avoid some of them.
- From the walkway area leading to the main castle entrance, you'll be able to see several of the demons waiting for you on either side through the iron bars. Use a projectile attack to hit them from afar. Their exaggerated hitstun animation makes them easily fall off of their respective platforms, killing them instantly. Even a Light Crossbow firing a Wooden Bolt will do the trick.
- A very easy way to stay safe while battling these demons in Anor Londo is to lure them around a corner, as they rely on distance to be effective. The path to the Giant Blacksmith is blocked at a gate until the player unlocks it from the other side. Once unlocked, lure the demons to the opening, which they can't get through. A leaping strong attack with a Fire Zweihander will floor them and deal massive damage. A leaping attack with the Gargoyle Halberd will also strike through the gate. On the other side, leading to the area with the Black Knight Archers, lure demons around to the stone doorway. If you stay out of sight, they will try to follow you and be stuck with very little room to move. Again, long-range weapons like the Halberd or Ultra Greatswords make this strategy effective.
- If there is a drop behind the demon simply walk up and block until they bounce off your shield and fall to their death.