Greataxe of the black knights who wander
Lordran. Used to face chaos demons.
The large motion that puts the weight of the
body into the attack reflects the great size
of their adversaries long ago.
- Dropped by the Black Knight (Greataxe) in The Catacombs
- Dropped by the Black Knight (Greataxe) (the fourth Black Knight) in Kiln of the First Flame
- As with other Black Knight weapons, deals extra damage to demon enemies such as Taurus Demon and Capra Demon.
- One-handed weak attack replaced by a horizontal swing that can be followed up with additional inputs.
- One-handed strong attack replaced by a jumping downward swing.
- Two-handed weak attack replaced by a faster diagonal swing that can be followed up with additional inputs.
- Two-handed strong attack replaced with a delayed upward swing.
- The physical damage in the stat screen may show higher number than other greataxes, but the Black Knight Greataxe's individual move's damage modifier is lower than normal greataxe, so the actual damage output is lower than the number might suggest.
Requires Twinkling Titanite
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Burden will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|StatsNeeded:||The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required. For example, a character with 18 Strength can wield a Great Axe (Requires 26 Strength) properly if the weapon is held with both hands.
|StatBonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|FramptSouls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt|