Greatsword of the black knights who wander
Lordran. Used to face chaos demons.
The large motion that puts the weight of the
body into the attack reflects the great size
of their adversaries long ago.
- Dropped by the (non-respawning) greatsword-wielding Black Knight atop the Undead Parish watchtower near the Altar of Sunlight, just past the Hellkite Dragon
|Black Knight Greatsword||220/0/0/0
Strong attacks are replaced by a powerful delayed upward slash. The two-handed attack will send the target flying if it successfully connects
- Two-handed light swings consume 60 stamina each
- Like all Black Knight weapons, it deals extra damage to demon enemies such as Taurus Demon and Capra Demon
- In the German version of the game, this sword has an completely different name. It's called "Schwert des Drachentöters", which would translate back to "Sword of the Dragon Slayer", whereas the normal Black Knight Sword is called "Schwarz-Ritter Großschwert", which would translate back to "Black Knight Greatsword". This is a pretty bad mixup, especially if you're collecting all rare weapons.
- In the Italian version of the game, this sword is called "Ammazzadraghi", which would translate back to "Dragon Slayer", this may be a referance to the manga berserk. Where the main character guts wields a massive sword of the same name.
- The Black Knight in the Undead Parish is not guaranteed to drop the sword. If you want to get it before the Kiln of the First Flame, then ignore the knight at first, and get the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring from Sen's Fortress, then leave (or continue on to Anor Londo to teleport between bonfires), go back to the Undead Parish, and have at least 10 soft Humanity with the ring equipped before killing the knight. This will increase your chances of getting a drop.
Requires Twinkling Titanite
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes.|
|Durability:||The health of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Burden will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required.
|Damage Reduction %:||
The Damage Reduction stat dictates the percentage of damage reduced while blocking. The Damage Reduction stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
|Stability:||The stability of the weapon. The higher this value, the less stamina is consumed when blocking attacks.|
|Frampt Souls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt.|