Greatsword of the black knights who wander
Lordran. Used to face chaos demons.
The large motion that puts the weight of the
body into the attack reflects the great size
of their adversaries long ago.
Dropped by straightsword wielding Black Knights
|Image||Name||Damage||Critical Bonus||Durability||Weight||Stats Needed
|Black Knight Sword||220/0/0/0
- One-handed strong attack is replaced by a strong delayed thrust that knocks down if connects
- Two-handed strong attack is replaced by a strong delayed upward slash that knocks down if connects
- Like all Black Knight weapons, it deals additional damage to demon enemies like the Taurus Demon and Capra Demon
- Due to the low strength requirement in par with high damage, this weapon is incredibly useful if the player acquires it early in the game
- There is a bad translation mixup/error in the German version of the game. This sword is called the "Schwarz-Ritter Großschwert" (Black Knight Greatsword), and the Black Knight Greatsword is instead called "Schwert des Drachentöters" (Sword of the dragon slayer), so pay attention if you want to collect all weapons.
- In the French, Italian and Spanish versions, this sword is called "Espadon du Roi-Chevalier", "Spadone del Re Cavaliere" and "Espadón del Rey Caballero" respectively, which can all translate to "Longsword of the Knight King"
Requires Twinkling Titanite
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Burden will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required. For example, a character with 18 Strength can wield a Great Axe (Requires 26 Strength) properly if the weapon is held with both hands.
|StatBonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|FramptSouls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt|