A sudden burst of damage is inflicted when Bleed Resistance is overcome, signified by a large notice stating "Blood Loss". The damage inflicted is a percentage of the target's max HP. The bleed rating stat on a weapon indicates the percentage of health that the enemy will lose (0.1 times the value indicated on the item). Most weapons have a bleed rating of 300 (30% HP loss). The only exceptions are the weapons obtained from Crossbreed Priscilla (Lifehunt Scythe and Priscilla's Dagger), which have a bleed rating of 500 (50% HP loss).
The following weapons can be used to inflict bleed on other players, NPCs, and certain enemies:
|Weapon||Bleed Buildup Per Strike||Bleed Damage|
|Jagged Ghost Blade||30||30%|
|Painting Guardian Sword||30||30%|
|Barbed Straight Sword||33||30%|
In addition to the various NPCs that wield weapons listed in the table above, the following enemies are other possible sources of bleed against the player:
|Enemy||Attack||Bleed Buildup Per Strike||Bleed Damage|
|Skeleton||Scimitar & Falchion||30||17%|
|Undead Attack Dog||Bite/ Pounce||30||17%|
|Undead Assassin||Bandit Knife||39||32%|
|Crossbreed Priscilla||Lifehunt Scythe||80||60%|
|Marvellous Chester||Rose Daggers||100||32%|
- Consume Bloodred Moss Clump - recover from the effect of Bleeding and restore full bleed resistance
- Cast Remedy
- Increase Endurance stat
- Equip Bleed Resistant armors
- Equip Bloodbite Ring (multiplies base Bleed resist by 5)
- Equip Gargoyle's Halberd (increases Bleed resistance by 25)
- Equip Bloodshield (just equipping Bloodshield increases Bleed resistance by 50)
- Block with shields that have 100% Bleed resist to prevent Bleed buildup:
- The bleed bar build-up per strike is not listed in the in-game weapon statistics, only the percentage of health lost when blood loss occurs.
- Bleed damage is capped lower for damage against bosses.
- The skeletons are able to inflict bleed upon the player when using their Scimitars and Falchions, despite these weapons not having a bleed effect when used by the player against enemies. Similarly, the Painting Guardians cannot use their weapons to inflict bleed upon the player, though the Painting Guardian Sword does inflict bleed upon enemies when wielded by the player.
- Enchanting bleed weapons increases the amount of bleed build-up per strike. An increase in damage past the base damage for a bleed weapon will increase the bleed buid-up by a proportional amount.
- Chaos weapons lose scaling with stats but the additional fire damage will increase the Bleed build-up, along with further increase on the amount of humanities possessed.
- Bleed damage is not blocked by any shields to any degree if the build-up was caused by an opponent in PvP. The same is true with Poison and Toxic.
Enemies Immune to Bleed
The following enemies are fully immune, or have a resistance that is unrealistically high to overcome in-game. NPCs that cannot be killed are not included in this list.
- All skeleton types
- Both ghost types
- Crystal Golem / Golden Crystal Golem
- Crystal Lizard
- Demonic Foliage
- Demonic Statue
- Giant Stone Knight
- Hellkite Dragon
- Humanity Phantom
- Stone Guardian
- Prowling Demon
- Undead Dragon / Bounding Demon of Izalith
Note - Enemies such as the Armored Tusk, Black Knight, Chained Prisoner, Darkwraith, Man Eater Shell and Possessed Tree have a very high resistance that can be difficult to overcome under normal circumstances. Though it is possible to bleed them, it is much more likely that you will kill them well before triggering bleed.
- Bed of Chaos
- Black Dragon Kalameet
- Ceaseless Discharge
- Chaos Witch Quelaag
- Four Kings
- Gaping Dragon
- Gravelord Nito
- Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Iron Golem
- Knight Artorias
- Moonlight Butterfly
- Seath the Scaleless