An enemy completely covered in chains that uses a spike protruding from its back and a ball attached to a chain as weapons. The chains around him will make your weapon bounce back, thus exposing yourself to his attack.
Usually drops armor from the Chain Set
- Straight forward charging poke
- 360 chain boulder swing
- Overhead boulder slam
- Try using a fast weapon if you don't have a lot of stamina
- Try using a heavy weapon held with 2 hands and you won't suffer knockback.
- Mind your stamina: you will need a lot to block some of his attacks.
- He's vulnerable to strike type attacks, so hammers will work. A good choice is Dragon Bone Fist because it's both fast and has a strike attack.
- Since you will encounter him in a great hall, there is plenty of room for you to roll around to avoid his devastating stone attacks.
- For a chained prisoner, he moves very fast. Best magic to deal with him would be Great Combustion or Wrath of the Gods, if you have enough to kill him.
- If you have Homing Crystal Soulmass and Crystal Soul Spear, charge up your soulmass first, then nuke him to death with your spears. The soulmass serves as a stun mechanism in case he gets too close to you, but also deals a fair bit of damage.
Cheap poison arrows
- Stand close to the elevator
- If you have a good bow and equip Hawk Ring, your poison arrows will hit him
- It takes about five arrows to poison him
- Let the poison do its job until it wear off
- Hit him again with five more shots of poison arrows
- Repeat until he dies. It will be a while. But it will be safe.
- Get close enough to the chained prisoner to agro him and lure him a short distance outside room he is contained in.
- Run back around him once he forgets about you towards the elevator shortcut but, do not activate it unless you want to deal with two enemies.
- Stay hidden in the passage to the elevator until he goes back to his post, facing away.
- Activate the shortcut and be glad he can't hear you.