After the Bed of Chaos incident, the daughters of the Witch of Izalith are scattered. Quelaag and one of her sisters came to Blighttown and settled there. The natives who serve them are called the Chaos Servants. The natives were infected with the Blight pus, but Quelaag's Sister swallowed it all, even though Quelaag ordered her not to, making her sick in the process. She was made Firekeeper to keep her alive and the Chaos Servants help their Fair Lady by feeding her humanity to alleviate the pain.
This covenant is mostly for PvE and role-playing purposes. For PvE, this is the only covenant that can open a shortcut to access a part of the game earlier and can save an NPC on his quest, making him available to summon in the final boss fight. Joining this covenant and ranking up in it also makes some Chaos Pyromancies available, in addition to the shortcut between Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith. For role-playing purposes, giving Humanities to the Fair Lady makes her healthier (this is only a cosmetic effect). The game even tracks the Humanity given to the Fair Lady as a kind of game score, available to see with the Servant Roster.
Quelaag's Sister is still alive.
How to Join
- Proceed to Quelaag's Domain, pass the Chaos Witch Quelaag boss area, and go down the stairs
- Pass the lever for the second bell and proceed down another set of stairs
- Once down those, walk almost directly across the room, over the green plate, and to an illusory wall. Hit the wall to reveal a hidden passage. Seek Guidance can be used to show a developer message pointing at the wall
- Go through the passage and either kill or talk to the Egg Carrier NPC called Eingyi who is blocking the path; covenant membership will not be affected by his demise, but he can prove a useful vendor. Answer with "Yes" to his question, and he will move out of the way. Reloading the game will make him pose the question again, should you accidentally answer "No"
- Talk to Quelaag's Sister. Note that the Old Witch's Ring is not needed to access the covenant, although she will only say "…?"
- Access to two strong Chaos Pyromancies
- Shortcut access to Lost Izalith, making killing the red-eyed Chaos Bug possible, thus gaining access to Sunlight Maggot and saving Solaire of Astora
Exchange Humanity (stat) to level up in the covenant
|+0||0||Great Chaos Fireball|
|+2||30||Chaos Storm and Shortcut from Demon Ruins to Lost Izalith|
- Removal of half of current offerings
- Like any other items given by a covenant, the pyromancies obtained through this covenant can only be obtained once per character
- The shortcut opened by this covenant is on the corridor right before Demon Firesage's boss room. Several Chaos Bugs are found in front of the shortcut barrier
- Shortcut will remain open once it's opened regardless of covenant membership
- The shortcut may also be opened from the Lost Izalith side without being in the Chaos Servant covenant
- Leaving the Covenant on Rank +2 before opening the shortcut door may result in the door becoming unopenable. To fix this, rejoin the covenant and rank up to +2 again.
- Eingyi can be used as a trainer service without ever joining the Chaos Servant, although he sells a Servant Roster, which displays all players who are members of the covenant and their contribution to the covenant (how much humanity they've given up kept as a score)
- Regarding Chaos Servants' Humanity contribution:
- Abandoning or betraying the Chaos Servant covenant will reduce covenant rank by one, but will not affect the player's standing on the Servant Roster (so for example, if over 100 humanity is given before abandoning the covenant, contribution will be considered 50 after rejoining, for the purposes of regaining lost rank)
- While other covenants have an offering cap of 100, the Chaos Servant covenant can be continued up until a maximum of 60,000 humanity, far beyond any reasonable player's limit
- It is still recommended to visit and rest at the bonfire to obtain a warp-able bonfire location regardless of intention to join the covenant
- Some player reports that the maggot attack of the Parasite Egg can infect other player in PvP if the attacker is in the Chaos Servant covenant, but this is not true. It can not infect other players in PvP, regardless of membership or rank in the Chaos Servant covenant