NOTE: Ventrilo is also a text chat client and has replaced the old chat on this page.
You will need to use the the Ventrilo server
What is Ventrilo?
Ventrilo is a client-server voice communication software application designed for use by online computer gamers. The client software is used to connect to an instance of the Ventrilo server software. You can use the Ventrilo client along with a microphone or headset to talk to other users connected to the same Ventrilo server.
How do I use it?
How much does it cost?
The client software is free. As a thank you to all of the fans of demonssouls.wikidot.com the server you connect to is provided at no cost to the users. There is a user limit at this time, and we will investigate the option of increasing that should the need arise
Where is the server hosted and who is hosting it?
The server is provided by Typefrag which provides 24x7 hosting in a Tier 1 Datacenter with high capacity network bandwidth. This provides us with superior quality and a high up time. In addition, our server is hosted in Chicago, which gives us the best location to serve all of our users with as little lag as possible.
What are the requirements?
You will need the following to use the client
- Operating systems
- Windows 32 bit Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 (should work with Windows 7 as well)
- Windows 64 bit versions
- Windows 9x - 95/98/ME
- Mac OSX 10.4 or higher - 32bit
- Linux - Not available at this time.
- Requires a sound card that supports full-duplex sound playback and microphone recording. The sound card must also handle multiple sound streams. All recent sound cards can handle this, but sound cards such as the Sound Blaster 16, PIC and Vibra series cannot. You should check the manufacture website of your sound card to see if it is supported. You can also just try it, and see if it works. :)
- Windows machines require DirectX 8.1 or higher
How do I connect?
Host Name: arsenic.typefrag.com
Once you have the software downloaded you can also click this link and it should set you up