In Game Description
This crest opens a door in the Darkroot Garden sealed by ancient magic.
This door leads to the grave of Sir Artorias the Abysswalker. Many adventurers have left for the grave, but none have returned for they make easy prey for local bandits,
With such dangers, the crest can do more harm than good in the hands of the uninitiated.
- Sold by Andre of Astora for 20,000 souls
- Opens the large sealed, glowing door in the Darkroot Garden
- This negates the need to circle around the Darkroot Garden and fight the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin to get access to the ladder, but is not actually required for anything. It does make the trip to the Sif, the Great Grey Wolf boss fight much, much easier, though.
- At the very location of the door that requires the Crest of Artorias, there is an illusory wall to the left, beside the locked door, hiding a secret Bonfire.
- The easiest method to buy this key is to kill the Belfry Gargoyles and the Moonlight Butterfly. Both will give you 10,000 souls when defeated, resulting in quick 20,000 souls.