- Increases base damage from the Normal path and adds base damage per upgrade level at a higher rate than Normal path
- Increases Strength and/or Dexterity scaling from Normal path and adds damage scaling from Strength and/or Dexterity stat per upgrade level, higher rate than Normal path
- Decreases maximum Durability of weapons to one tenth of their normal value
- Adds Stability per upgrade level for Shields, that is higher than the Normal path
- Crystal weapons and shields cannot be repaired
Crystal weapons and shields can only be ascended and upgraded by the Giant Blacksmith
|Upgrade to Normal +5 using nine Titanite Shards at any Blacksmith or with a Weapon Smithbox|
|1. Give the Large Ember to Andre of Astora in order to ascend Normal +5 Weapons or Shields to Normal +6
2. Ascend a Normal +5 Weapon or Shield to Normal +6 by giving one Large Titanite Shard to Andre of Astora
|Upgrade from Normal +6 to Normal +10 using eight Large Titanite Shards at any Blacksmith or with a Weapon Smithbox|
|1. Give the Crystal Ember to Giant Blacksmith in order to ascend Normal +10 Weapons or Shields to Crystal +0
2. Ascend a Normal +10 Weapon or Shield to Crystal +0 by giving one Titanite Chunk to the Giant Blacksmith
|Upgrade from Crystal +0 to Crystal +4 by giving seven Titanite Chunks to the Giant Blacksmith|
|Upgrade from Crystal +4 to Crystal +5 by giving one Titanite Slab to the Giant Blacksmith|
- The Large Ember is required to ascend Normal weapons above +5
- The Crystal Ember is required to ascend Crystal weapons
- Most Crystal Weapons and Shields cost 200 souls per level to upgrade. The cost can vary however between 100 and 800 souls, depending on weapon size.
- Crystal weapons cannot be repaired. Repair Powder will be disabled and Repair doesn't restore Crystal equipment's durability. They can, however, be upgraded. When a Crystal weapon is upgraded, it's durability is reset to maximum.
- A Crystal weapon cannot be downgraded. It will always remain a Crystal Weapon
- Not to be confused with the Crystal equipment Domhnall of Zena sells you.
The Crystal weapons Domhnall sells you are unique weapons that are not actually upgraded through the Crystal path, even though they have "crystal" in their names. They cannot be repaired, but have much higher durability than "true" crystal weapons. Also, they have a crystallized look, while weapons upgraded through the crystal path still have the same appearance as any other upgrade path.
- A Crystal Halberd is dropped by the first Mimic in Anor Londo
For Crystal Weapon Trophy/Achievement, you can use this weapon rather than starting from scratch. You only need six Titanite Chunks and one Titanite Slab.
- A Crystal Weapon +4 actually has a better attack rating than a Normal +15 Weapon
page revision: 28, last edited: 02 Jul 2014 04:05