The Darkwraiths, incited by Kaathe, use the
power of the dark soul to absorb humanity, an
art shared by this weapon, which also acts as
a special shield. The ancients, particularly,
could sap the humanity of even a replete
saint in the blink of an eye.
|Image||Name||Damage||Critical Bonus||Durability||Weight||Stats Needed
|80/80/80/80||30||0 / 0 / 0 / 130||1|
- When equipped in the left hand slot, the weak attack (block button) will spawn a blackhole-like shield with no deflection.
- When equipped in the right hand slot, the strong attack will do a grab attack that absorbs Humanity from some NPCs and when invading online players (similar to the Darkwraith enemy in the New Londo Ruins). The amount of maximum Humanity absorbed per attack scales with your Darkwraith covenant rank.
- This weapon cannot be upgraded
- You can use the Dark Hand multiple times without making the NPC hostile, as long as you do no damage (only drain Humanity).
- To absorb humanity from sitting NPCs like Patches at Firelink Shrine, make them stand up by hitting them with very weak attacks (barehanded punch, Pyromancy Flame punch, kicking, using Force, etc.)
Humanities Absorption on Players
|Darkwraith covenant level||Maximum Humanities absorbed per use|
Humanities Absorption on NPCs
Depending on your Darkwraith covenant rank, you may need to use the Dark Hand several times to fully drain an NPC. Some NPC may end up Hollowed if you finish their quest or you buy all their items, Hollowed NPCs yield no Humanity when you use Dark Hand on them.
|NPC Name||Maximum Humanities that can be drained|
|Lord's Blade Ciaran||None|
|Domhnall of Zena||None|
|Dusk of Oolacile||None|
|Griggs of Vinheim||3 Humanities|
|Big Hat Logan||None (in Firelink Shrine after being saved from Sen's Fortress)|
|Lady of the Darkling||None|
|Laurentius of the Great Swamp||5 Humanities (in Firelink Shrine after being saved from Depths)|
|Knight Lautrec of Carim||7 Humanities|
|Dark Spirit Maneater Mildred||8 Humanities|
|Oswald of Carim||None|
|Petrus of Thorolund||2 Humanities|
|Rhea of Thorolund||12 Humanities (in Undead Parish after being saved from Tomb of the Giants)|
|Sieglinde of Catarina||10 Humanities|
|Siegmeyer of Catarina||4 Humanities|
|Solaire of Astora||5 Humanities|
|Vince of Thorolund||5 Humanities|
|Nico of Thorolund||3 Humanities|