Covenant - not to be confused with the Darkwraith Enemy
Darkwraiths harness the power of the Dark Soul found in each human. Continuing the plan of the Furtive Pygmy and led by Darkstalker Kaathe, members of the Darkwraith covenant aim to be the new Dark Lord, to herald the Age of Dark.
Joining this covenant allows the player to conduct invasions as a red-black Dark Spirit, a.k.a. "Black Phantom". Restricted to Darkwraiths, the Red Eye Orb allows for infinite invasions in every multiplayer area of the game, making it a very desirable item for PvP. An infinite supply of single-use invasion items (Cracked Red Eye Orbs) will also become available for purchase, which can be used by any player regardless of covenant. An armor set and weapons are also obtained by joining and ranking up.
Darkstalker Kaathe is available and not hostile. To gain access to Kaathe, you need:
- You do not need the Lordvessel, but if you place it in the holder prior to killing The Four Kings (either with the assistance of Kingseeker Frampt or by yourself) you cannot join the Darkwraiths
How to Join
- Acquire the Covenant of Artorias
- Acquire the Key to the Seal:
- Open the floodgate, then proceed to fight The Four Kings in The Abyss. You need to equip the Covenant of Artorias
- Talk to Darkstalker Kaathe. If you haven't gotten the Lordvessel, you can join now. If you already have the Lordvessel, say yes and he'll take you to Firelink Altar. Don't forget to rest at the bonfire
- At this point in the Firelink Altar, you can do two things:
- Talk to Darkstalker Kaathe again, he'll offer you to join the covenant
- Conduct invasions to other player's world with the Red Eye Orb.
- Killing the host nets you one Humanity (stat) in addition to Souls.
- Buy Cracked Red Eye Orbs from Darkstalker Kaathe for 3,000 Souls each.
- Steal additional Humanities from online players and NPCs with the use of Dark Hand.
Exchange Humanity (stat) to level up in the covenant.
|Level||Humanity Offered||Reward||Dark Hand absorb efficiency|
|+0||0||Dark Hand||Up to 1 Humanity per use|
|+1||10||Red Eye Orb||Up to 3 Humanities per use|
|+2||30||Dark Sword and Dark Set||Up to 5 Humanities per use|
|+3||80||-||Up to 10 Humanities per use|
If you join through the Homeward trick, you can still talk to Kingseeker Frampt to put the Lordvessel for him. Be wary that doing this will make Darkstalker Kaathe leave for the playthrough, although it will not break the covenant. You can keep invading with Red Eye Orb or you can stock up on Cracked Red Eye Orbs before Kaathe leaves.