Covenant - not to be confused with the Darkwraith Enemy
Darkwraiths harness the power of the Dark Soul found in each human. Continuing the plan of the Furtive Pygmy and led by Darkstalker Kaathe, members of the Darkwraith covenant aim to be the new Dark Lord, to herald the Age of Dark.
Joining this covenant allows the player to conduct invasions as a red-black Dark Spirit, a.k.a. "Black Phantom". Restricted to Darkwraiths, the Red Eye Orb allows for infinite invasions in every multiplayer area of the game, making it a very desirable item for PvP. An infinite supply of single-use invasion items (Cracked Red Eye Orbs) will also become available for purchase, which can be used by any player regardless of covenant. An armor set and weapons are also obtained by joining and ranking up.
Darkstalker Kaathe is available and not hostile. To gain access to Kaathe:
- Lordvessel is not required, but if placed on the alter prior to killing The Four Kings (regardless of talking to Kingseeker Frampt), the Darkwraith covenant becomes unavailable
How to Join
- Acquire the Covenant of Artorias
- Acquire the Key to the Seal:
- Open the floodgate, then proceed to fight The Four Kings in The Abyss. Equip the Covenant of Artorias
- Talk to Darkstalker Kaathe. The option to join the covenant becomes available if the player does not currently possess Lordvessel. If the Lordvessel has been acquired, Kaathe will take the player to Firelink Altar to place it before offering to join the covenant. Don't forget to rest at the bonfire.
- At this point in the Firelink Altar, there are two options:
- Talk to Darkstalker Kaathe again, he'll offer an entry to the covenant
- Conduct invasions to other player's world with the Red Eye Orb
- Killing the host rewards one Humanity (stat) in addition to Souls
- Buy Cracked Red Eye Orbs from Darkstalker Kaathe for 3,000 Souls each
- Steal additional Humanities from online players and NPCs with the use of Dark Hand
Exchange Humanity (stat) to level up in the covenant.
|Level||Humanity Offered||Reward||Dark Hand absorb efficiency|
|+0||0||Dark Hand||Up to 1 Humanity per use|
|+1||10||Red Eye Orb||Up to 3 Humanities per use|
|+2||30||Dark Sword and Dark Set||Up to 5 Humanities per use|
|+3||80||-||Up to 10 Humanities per use|
When joined through the Homeward trick, Kingseeker Frampt will remain available, however placing the Lordvessel for Frampt will make Darkstalker Kaathe leave for the current playthrough without breaking the covenant. Keep invading with Red Eye Orb ormake sure to stock up on Cracked Red Eye Orbs before Kaathe leaves.