The Demon Ruins lie beneath Lordran, beyond Quelaag's Domain. Writhing bodies and terrifying harbingers of death scatter the landscape of this lava-soaked hell.
Tip: With the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring it is much easier to lure out the Taurus Demons one by one.
Tip: When trying for the Chaos Flame Ember, using Hidden Body magic or the Ring of Fog will make a suicide run much easier by taking longer to pull the farthest Minor Taurus Demons. The camera can be obscured as they run to catch up to you.
Tip: Poison Arrows are a huge help with nearly all the enemies inside, and will reduce Rockworms in particular to near death. Count on two or three arrows per enemy before the poison takes effect. Dung Pies will also work even better, causing a much stronger toxic effect.
Tip: Players using a Sorcerer or Magic heavy build will likely find this area easier after completing The Duke's Archives/Crystal Cave. Certainly on NG, and with 50 Intelligence, Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and Logan's Catalyst the demon inhabitants will usually go down to one Soul Spear or Homing Crystal Soulmass volley, making the area far easier.
- Head over to the fog gate and head towards Ceaseless Discharge who will ignore you at first. As you move past him you will see an altar with a body with the Gold-Hemmed Black Set on it. If you care about your souls/humanity make sure you have a Homeward Bone or a Ring of Sacrifice on hand, as once you go to collect this loot, the demon will gladly crush you like a fly. After you pick up the items either cast Homeward or use a bone to retreat to your bonfire. See boss page for For boss strategy on Ceaseless Discharge
- After the boss dies the magma hardens allowing you to cross it. On the newly-formed path there are two soul consumables to find, and in the middle of the furthest left pool of lava on a floating body the Chaos Flame Ember, though the 7 Minor Taurus Demons make it a bit difficult. Since the Minor Taurus Demons don't respawn, you can also pick them off anytime one at a time at your leisure from a distance with arrows or poison arrows.
- To get the Chaos Flame Ember wait until after the battle with the Centipede Demon, then come back and use the Orange Charred Ring. If you want to obtain it first, use Flash Sweat, Great Magic Barrier, or some other means of protecting yourself from the lava. Running around to the other side of the lava pool puts you closest to the ember.
- Taking a right from the lava field leads to a partially eroded stone stairway guarded by a single Minor Capra Demon. Dispatch him while being wary of his double-handed, overhead chop or being pushed off the edge.
- Proceed down the ramp, as a two-level stone ruin and the entrance to Lost Izalith comes into view. If you are in Human form (reverse hollowing) and have placed the Lordvessel on the Firelink Altar, you will be invaded by Black Phantom Kirk Knight of Thorns here.
- The stone ruin houses six Minor Capra Demons and as such, be careful to only attract one's attention at a time, although the bottleneck afforded by the stair way will allow you to dispatch multiple Demons. Alternatively, just drop down the side towards the lower level with the bonfire.
- Having cleared out the top level of Minor Capra Demons, proceed down the stairs and dispatch the first Demonic Statue. You can find two Green Titanite Shards below the left side of this stairway.
- The Burrowing Rockworm at the other end of the balcony conceals a Bonfire, so make sure to kill it.
- Still on the ruin, facing the entrance to Lost Izalith, there will be 4 more Demonic Statues to be taken care of. Take care not to attract the Minor Taurus Demon that is guarding Lost Izalith.
- Having made it to the bottom of the stair, the Minor Taurus Demon will attack and a Burrowing Rockworm will emerge to your right, lure the Demon off and dispatch or ignore the Rockworm. Note that you can do a dive attack from the cliff above the worm that will most likely kill it in one strike.
- Make your way to the left, along the narrow precipice, eliminating the two Minor Taurus Demons.
- Once your feet are set firmly upon rock once more and you can see the chest at the other end of the ruin, proceed carefully. A single Burrowing Rockworm will ambush you from above, followed by four more caging you in after the first. Eliminate the last four carefully, preferably with a ranged attack (none of them can hit you if you stand next to the ornament between the two pillars on the left), and proceed to collect the Large Flame Ember.
- Proceed to Lost Izalith (if it is blocked by orange fog you need to place the Lordvessel). The white fog wall leads to the Demon Firesage boss, but if you are following Solaire of Astora's quest proceed right through the tunnel (see Solaire's page for instructions) and come back when done.
- Beyond the Demon Firesage is a staircase. At the top is an elevator that connects to Quelaag's Domain. At the bottom is the fog gate leading to the Centipede Demon.
page revision: 92, last edited: 24 Jul 2014 12:51