Dusk is a princess-sorceress from the long fallen land of Oolacile, where unique sorceries were crafted. At some point in the past, her home town was destroyed. It is unclear what caused the city to fall. At some point after this, she was trapped in a Golden Crystal Golem. Since the Crystal Golems are the results of Seath the Scaleless's experiments, it is likely that he is responsible for Dusk's imprisonment.
In the additional content, we get to see how her city was destroyed. During Dusk's time, Oolacile awakened Manus, Father of the Abyss at the urging of a Primordial Serpent. Manus then proceeded to spread the Abyss across the land and captured Dusk from the present time. The Knight Artorias, who arrived in Oolacile to repel the Abyssal forces, attempted to rescue her, but he was overwhelmed and became corrupted by the Abyss. She is finally rescued by the player after defeating Manus, although mentally scarred and incoherent from her experience. If you visit her in the Darkroot Basin after defeating him, she mentions being captured and being subsequently rescued by "Artorias", and having little memory of the event. She then realizes that your character was the one who rescued her, and not Artorias as she previously believed.
Her summon sign is right at the edge of the lake where the Hydra was located, a few feet away from the corpse holding the Knight Set, but only after killing the Hydra and defeating the Golden Crystal Golem she is captured in. (see below)
- Sells utility sorceries after you rescue her. (see below)
- Teaches "Proper Bow" Gesture.
- Saving her is one of the prerequisite to access the additional content. See the page for how to access it.
Getting Dusk as Merchant
- Kill the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin. This will spawn a Golden Crystal Golem in the alcove behind the Hydra.
- Travel along the lake by the waterfall all the way back to the alcove. Since you will be walking through water, it is recommended to equip the Rusted Iron Ring during this section.
- You should see the Golden Crystal Golem. If you don't see the Golem, try quitting and reloading.
- Defeat the golem. During its death animation, Dusk will appear where it was standing.
- Dusk will thank you for freeing her and asks you if you need her magic. Answer "Yes" and she will tell you that you can summon her to buy magic spells from her. If you answer "No" she will disappear and not be available for the rest of that playthrough.
- Now you can summon her via her summon sign1 It is possible that her summon sign will not be visible but will still be present in the water at the edge of the lake near the boulder. Even though it is not visible it can still be found and used by moving around the area until the context menu for summoning appears.
|Hidden Body||2,000||3||14||1||Turns body nearly invisible|
|Cast Light||1,000||3||14||1||Cast a bright light upon surroundings|
|Repair||10,000||1||14||1||Repair equipped weapons and armor|
|Chameleon||3,000||11||14||1||Transform into something inconspicuous|
|Hidden Weapon||2,000||3||14||1||Turns right weapon invisible|
|Oolacile Ivory Catalyst||1,000||Fixed MagAdjust of 180 and very light (0.5 weight)|
Chasm of the Abyss
- After being summoned for the first time, the Antiquated armor set can be found near where you fought the Golden Crystal Golem.
- Despite being summoned via a phantom sign, she can in fact be killed.
- If you have the Additional Content, after getting the Broken Pendant, her summon sign will disappear until you have defeated Manus. The spells and catalyst she sells from that point are transferred, and shared, with Elizabeth.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Emma Pierson