Sword wielded only by servants of
Gravelord Nito, the first of the dead.
Crafted from the bones of the fallen.
The miasma of death exudes from the sword,
a veritable toxin to any living being.
Join the Gravelord Servant Covenant
- Cannot be enchanted
- The toxin's HP loss rate is 5 HP/seconds
Strong attacks are replaced by a powerful thrust attack.
- A second Gravelord Sword will not be added to the inventory on joining the Covenant in NG+, unless the first sword is upgraded (to at least +1). However another player could drop their +0 sword for you and two +0 swords could then reside in the inventory.
- One of the only two weapons in game which can inflict toxin, the other being the Dark Silver Tracer.
- The weakest of all the Curved Great Swords, yet also the most versatile due to it's strong thrust attack, making it applicable in cramped quarters.
- Curved Great Swords are a good choice for DEX builds in terms of damage and stun potential at the cost of slow attack speed and high weight compared to other DEX weapons with high DEX scaling.
- Can be a viable starting weapon due to its early availability and easy accessibility.
- A wide attack range and deal high damage to mostly every enemy in the game, barring those who're very resistant to physical attacks and slash damage.
- Its high base damage and E rating in STR and DEX allows you to increase other stats besides STR and DEX as it doesn't need the investment in either of those two.
Requires Demon Titanite
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Burden will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|StatsNeeded:||The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required. For example, a character with 18 Strength can wield a Great Axe (Requires 26 Strength) properly if the weapon is held with both hands.
|StatBonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|FramptSouls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt|