Sword wielded only by servants of
Gravelord Nito, the first of the dead.
Crafted from the bones of the fallen.
The miasma of death exudes from the sword,
a veritable toxin to any living being.
Join the Gravelord Servant Covenant
Cannot be enchanted
The toxin's HP loss rate is 5 HP/seconds
A second Gravelord Sword will not be added to the inventory on joining the Covenant in NG+, unless the first sword is upgraded (to at least +1). However another one can be picked up from another players.
One of the only two weapons in game which can inflict toxin, the other being the Dark Silver Tracer.
The weakest of all the Curved Great Swords, yet also the most versatile due to its strong thrust attack, making it applicable in cramped quarters.
Curved Great Swords are a good choice for DEX builds in terms of damage and stun potential at the cost of slow attack speed and high weight compared to other DEX weapons with high DEX scaling.
Can be a viable starting weapon due to its early availability and easy accessibility.
A wide attack range and deal high damage to mostly every enemy in the game, barring those who're very resistant to physical attacks and slash damage.
Its high base damage and E rating in STR and DEX allows the user to increase other stats besides STR and DEX as it doesn't need the investment in either of those two.
Getting the Gravelord Sword Early
It is possible to run for through the Catacombs and join the Gravelord Servant Covenant the moment the player lands at Firelink Shrine:
- Make sure equip burden is under 25% to be able to move fast
- Run through the cemetery to the Catacombs
- Run past all of the enemies and hit the switch by the first bonfire (DO NOT rest here); run back up and continue to the area with the first bridge
- When going up the bridge, before going into the next cavern area, stand to the far right of the door, then look back and down: see the area below. Simply roll, fall down and land near the area before the Titanite Demon and the interactive coffin. To do this, be at full health and Make sure to roll when landing to avoid any enemies aggroed.
- Run straight for the Titanite Demon, keepingshield up. Bypass him and grab the Eye of Death x3 behind him, then quickly run back to the open coffin. The Titanite Demon will take the majority of the time slowly crawling around, and will likely not attack. If he does attack, he can deal damage to and kill the user lying in the coffin.
- Once the cutscene activates, the player will be transported to Nito's Lair. Simply join the covenant, then Darksign/Homeward Bone back.
Because of its power and easiness to upgrade to +5 by time of completing Anor Londo, this weapon is great for speed runs or for people trying to build characters more quickly through the NG playthrough. The weapon also makes it easy to acquire Rite of Kindling early as well, since Pinwheel is too weak to withstand a lot of hits from it.
Strong attacks are replaced by a powerful thrust attack.
Requires Demon Titanite
13% STR, 13% DEX scaling.
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes. Thrusting Swords and Daggers get an invisible bonus to critical damage as well.|
|Durability:||The health of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of a character's Equip Burden will reduce the speed of their rolls, while going over 100% will reduce their regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave them momentarily stunned.|
The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that a character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required.
|Damage Reduction %:||
The Damage Reduction stat dictates the percentage of damage reduced while blocking. The Damage Reduction stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
|Stability:||The stability of the weapon. The higher this value, the less stamina is consumed when blocking attacks.|
|Frampt Souls:||This is the amount of souls players will receive if they feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt.|