Shield born from the soul of the great grey
wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the
Abysswalker Knight Artorias.
Boasts consistent defense and divine
protection against various status effects.
- This does not include area of effect, such as Blighttown's poison swamp or Toxic Mist's effect
- Does not block build-up of Status Ailments dealt by other players
|Greatshield of Artorias||80/0/0/0
- This shield has the best stability of any non-upgraded shield in the game (Only a +4 or +5 Crystal Tower Shield is more stable, but at the cost of impractically low durabilty).
- Requires only 34 strength and has a 16 weight rating, compared to Havel's Greatshield 50 strength requirement and weight rating of 26.
- Especially effective when combined with Strong Magic Shield. Blocking drains almost no stamina.
Requires Demon Titanite
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the shield does when used for bashing.
All shields have Blunt physical damage, apart from the Spiked shield's Slashing damage, but it is also more of a weapon than a shield.
|Damage Reduction %:||The Damage Reduction % of the shield. It dictates how much damage the shield mitigates while blocking.
The Damage Reduction % stats for shields are W / X / Y / Z:
|Stability:||Determines the amount of stamina expended to block an incoming attack. A higher stability also allows you to block stronger attacks without breaking guard and reduces the amount of stamina depleted from blocking attacks.|
|Durability:||The durability of the shield. The effectiveness of the shield will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the shield. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|Requirements:||Determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the shield effectively.
The requirement stats for shields are W / X / Y / Z:
While it is possible to use a shield with lower-than-required Strength, your character will suffer a severe penalty to stability, thus making it easier to break your character's guard.