"Sword born from the soul of the great grey
wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the
Abysswalker Knight Artorias.
Sir Artorias hunted the Darkwraiths, and his
sword strikes harder against dark servants."
- One-handed strong attack is replaced by a delayed thrust attack that has knockdown effect on hit
- Two-handed strong attack is replaced by a delayed swinging attack that has knockdown effect on hit
- Like all weapons that have a Divine modifier, Skeleton enemies in The Catacombs will not reassemble when killed with it even if the Necromancers are still alive.
- This weapon has the highest Divine modifier in the game at 140
- In the German translation, differentiating this sword with the Cursed Version is easier. This sword is called "Finstertöter" (Darkslayer) in German, while the Cursed version is called "Großschwert von Artorias" (Greatsword of Artorias).
- In order to obtain the Knight's Honor Trophy/Achievement, you need to acquire this weapon, as well as the Cursed Greatsword of Artorias.
- Unlike the Cursed version, this one does receive scaling with Intelligence and Faith.
- Requiring 24/18/20/20 in four different stats means most builds will not likely be able to wield it effectively, since at least one of the four is usually not invested in. In particular, few builds tend to invest 20 in both Intelligence and Faith. An exception is extremely high Soul Level builds (significantly above the typical highest PvP stopping point of SL125), where this is one of the highest damage weapons due to scaling on all four stats.
Requires Demon Titanite
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Burden will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|StatsNeeded:||The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required. For example, a character with 18 Strength can wield a Great Axe (Requires 26 Strength) properly if the weapon is held with both hands.
|StatBonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|FramptSouls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt|