A sorcerer from Vinheim Dragon School. He came to Lordran in search of his master, Big Hat Logan, who has departed from Vinheim in his search for knowledge.
- Lower Undead Burg
In a locked room at the bottom of the Undead Burg. To reach the bottom the player can unlock the door (using the Basement Key) next to the dragon bridge, after the Taurus Demon boss battle. After climbing down the long ladder, keep going forward, descending the staircase where you might be attacked by two Undead Attack Dogs. After the staircase, make a U-turn to the right, then hug the left wall. You'll hear Griggs shouting for help when you're near the correct door. The door to Griggs is opened with the Residence Key. It cannot be unlocked with the Master Key, despite it unlocking several other doors that the Residence Key also unlocks. Unlock the door and go into the room and talk to (rescue) Griggs.
- Shortcut to Lower Undead Burg
Alternatively, the player can jump to reach the bottom level of the Undead Burg before fighting the Tauros Demon. From the bonfire in the Undead Burg, find the Male Undead Merchant (also buy the Residence Key from him), and then move downstairs to where the four Hollows are. As you're climbing up the ladder, you can see a small balcony on your right. Roll onto it from the top of the ladder. While at high health, run alongside the balcony and jump over the fence to your right, and you'll reach the lower Undead Burg. You'll take fall damage and be attacked by two dogs that are further up once you land. Head upwards, towards the large burning pile of rubble, and you'll be ambushed by three Undead Assassins. Afterwards, you can then safely head up the stairs to open up a shortcut back to the bonfire. If you head further alongside the left wall, you'll reach the door where Griggs is held.
- Sen's Fortress
Upon buying all spells from Griggs, when you return to the room where you pick up the Black Sorcerer Set, a hollowed Griggs will be there. This way you can get Griggs' drop without sinning.
- Sells basic Sorceries and Sorcery-related items only when your INT stat is at least 10 points.
- After Logan left to the Duke's Archives, he'll sell some of Logan's sorceries (Soul Spear and Homing Soulmass), effectively enabling you to get two copies of these two spells in one playthrough.
|Soul Arrow||1,000||30||10||1||Shoots a fast projectile at target that does Magic damage|
|Great Soul Arrow||6,000||20||14||1||Stronger Soul Arrow|
|Heavy Soul Arrow||2,000||12||12||1||Slower Soul Arrow, but higher damage than Great|
|Great Heavy Soul Arrow||8,000||8||16||1||Stronger Heavy Soul Arrow|
|Magic Weapon||3,000||5||10||1||Must be used with catalyst in left hand, adds Magic damage to your right hand weapon|
|Magic Shield||3,000||5||10||1||Must be used with catalyst in right hand, temporarily increases the stability of your shield|
|Aural Decoy||1,000||20||10||1||Throws a decoy that lures enemies away by creating a sound|
|Fall Control||1,500||10||15||1||Reduce damage and noise from fall|
|Soul Spear||40,000||4||36||1||Fires large Soul Arrow that pierces its targets. Only after Big Hat Logan leaves Firelink Shrine.|
|Homing Soulmass||20,000||10||18||1||Summons up to five soulmasses that fire automatically when an enemy is near. Only after Big Hat Logan leaves Firelink Shrine.|
|Sorcerer's Catalyst||500||Basic catalyst needed to cast sorceries. Starting equipment of Sorcerer class.|
|Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring x1||20,000||Increases Sorcery and Pyromancy spell damage by 20%|
|Lingering Dragoncrest Ring x1||20,000||Increases the duration of Sorcery and Pyromancy spell effects by 50%|
- In the initial room where Griggs is trapped, is a body in a barrel on the right hand side with a Sorcerer Armor Set and Sorcerer's Catalyst. Be careful breaking the barrels in the room because you can hit Griggs and turn him hostile. Rolling (dodging) can be used to break scenery without hurting NPCs.
- The trigger for Griggs to sell Soul Spear and Homing Soulmass seems to be Big Hat Logan's departure from Firelink Shrine. So if you rescue Griggs after Logan left Firelink Shrine, or even after clearing Logan's quest in The Duke's Archives, Griggs will still sell the two sorceries.
- If Griggs' storyline is finished and he is killed in Sen's fortress, there is a possibility that he will appear in the first room where you initially meet him but, you will not be able to speak with him. Humanity can still be drained from him, however.
- There is also a possibility of Griggs appearing in the first room you find him in, with the same restrictions as mentioned above, if killed prematurely.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Blake Ritson