Gwynevere is the only daughter of Lord Gwyn, making her the Princess of Sunlight. She appears as a giant woman draped in cloth, resting in her chamber.
This Gwynevere is actually an illusion created by Dark Sun Gwyndolin. The real Gwynevere is currently not in Lordran, having married the flame god Flann.
- Bequeaths the Lordvessel the first time you talk to her.
- Allows you to join Princess's Guard covenant.
Lordvessel - if not already given
Consequences of Killing Gwynevere
- Anor Londo will go dark for the rest of the game.
- All enemies other than the Painting Guardians and Silver Knights will disappear from the level. Darkmoon Soldiers appear.
- As long as you're in Anor Londo, you will be eligible for undeclared invasions from Blade of the Darkmoon covenanters who invade with Darkmoon Blade Covenant Ring.
- You will be counted as Sinned for the rest of the playthrough, and are eligible for invasions from Blade of the Darkmoon covenanters using Blue Eye Orb.
- The passage to Dark Sun Gwyndolin that's located at the bottom level of the central twisting tower opens. This otherwise requires the Darkmoon Seance Ring to access.
- You will break Princess's Guard and Blade of the Darkmoon covenant. However, requesting Absolution will allow you to kneel at Gwyndolin's fog gate again to access the Blade of the Darkmoon.
- Even though Gwyndolin's voice can be heard upon killing Gwynevere, suggesting it is he who darkens the sky upon Anor Londo, killing him before won't prevent dark Anor Londo if Gwynevere is killed. Although for obvious reasons you won't hear his voice then.
- If you choose to kill Gwynevere and/or Gwyndolin, Lady of the Darkling will turn hostile and attempt to attack you on the other side of the twisting tower (same level that you fought the first gargoyle). Avoiding the Lady of the Darkling fight allows you to continue using the Anor Londo bonfire.
- You can kill Gwynevere from outside her chamber with a ranged weapon. If you do this, no cutscene of Anor Londo becoming dark (and Gwyndolin berating you) will play, and Anor Londo will remain lit upon future visits. However, if her chamber is entered at any point after she is killed, the cutscene will play, Anor Londo will become dark, and you will get the Lordvessel if you don't already have it.
- Be aware that if you kill Gwynevere, the automatic respawn point will be the first bonfire you arrive at in Anor Londo, regardless of the last bonfire you rested at. Summoned phantoms are not affected by this however, whether they are victorious or not. This holds true if you only kill Lady of the Darkling too, even if Gwynevere and Gwyndolin are still alive. Homeward will always warp you back to the Anor Londo Bonfire.
- Although in the dialogue she uses the title of "Queen of Sunlight", this is a mistranslation from the original Japanese text (太陽の光の王女), which translates as "Princess of the Sunlight". Interestingly the only instance in Japanese in which Gwynevere's title is different, is in the "Ring of the Sun Princess" (太陽の王女の指輪) which is translated correctly.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Clare Corbett