Humanity in 'solid form' is collected or purchased as a Consumable that will appear in the item inventory. These consumables are not lost upon death and, when used, are converted to Humanity in 'loose form' as an increase to your Humanity stat. Solid form Humanity consumables can not be used directly to revive to human form or to kindle a bonfire - they must be used from the item menu to obtain a resulting Humanity stat point, which can then be spent.
In Game Description
Rare tiny black sprite found on corpses.
Use to gain 1 humanity and restore a
large amount of HP.
This black sprite is called humanity, but
little is known about its true nature.
If the soul is the source of all life,
then what distinguishes the humanity
we hold within ourselves?
- Dropped by all Bosses (various amount)
- Dropped by most NPCs (various amount)
- 100% drop by Giant Undead Rat
- Dropped by Small Undead Rats
- Dropped by Large Undead Rats in Depths
- Dropped by Snow Rats in Painted World of Ariamis
- Dropped by Skeleton Babies in Tomb of the Giants
- Dropped by Pisacas in The Duke's Archives' prison tower
- Dropped by Humanity Phantoms in Chasm of the Abyss
- Sold by Patches in Firelink Shrine for 10,000 souls. Limited to 3 per playthrough
- Sold by Marvellous Chester in Royal Wood for 10,000 souls. Limited to 13 per playthrough
- Sold by Undead Merchant Female in Firelink Shrine, for 5,000 souls. Limited to 1 per playthrough
- Consume to increase Humanity (stat)
- Consume to fully restore HP
- Trade with Snuggly the Crow for a Ring of Sacrifice
- Feed to Kingseeker Frampt for 1,000 souls each
- Dá stats permanentes op cmo crlh, verga usa esses crlhs todos!
Refer to the Humanity Farming page for ways of quickly acquiring humanity.
Soft Humanity (stat)
Humanity in 'loose form' is added into your counter to increase the Humanity stat point. It is referred to as Soft Humanity by the community. This is shown in the upper left corner of the HUD as well as on the Character stat screen. Upon death, any Humanity stat points are lost, along with any souls. Both can be retrieved from your Bloodstain.
- Consume a Humanity (item).
- Consume a Twin Humanities for 2 Humanities.
- Consume a Fire Keeper Soul for 5 Humanities.
- Use the Dark Hand's strong attack to 'suck' Humanity out of players and NPCs. The number of Humanity absorbed per use is determined by your Darkwraith covenant rank.
- Kill an invading Darkwraith, players invading with Cracked Red Eye Orb, or Black Phantom NPCs, then check their bloodstain.
- Kill a host player by invading them with Red Eye Orb (by being a Darkwraith) or Cracked Red Eye Orb, the Humanity will be added automatically to your counter.
- Be summoned as a white or gold phantom with the White Sign Soapstone, and assist the host player with defeating a boss. The humanity will be added automatically to your counter.
- Kill numerous enemies in an area where you haven't defeated the boss.1
- Revive to human form at a Bonfire
- Kindle a Bonfire
- Added to the summation of stat points when determining all defenses. Therefore, more Humanity directly equals more defense (99 humanity will give you approximately 50 more defense in all categories)
- Increases damage with weapons with Humanity scaling (i.e. Weapons in Chaos upgrade path, Chaos Blade, Quelaag's Furysword, and Abyss Greatsword)
- Increase Item Discovery
- Increase Curse Resist
- Given to Darkstalker Kaathe in order to rank up in the Darkwraith Covenant
- Given to Quelaag's Sister in order to rank up in the Chaos Servant Covenant
- Given to Ingward in order to remove Curse
Curse resist figures are presuming no innate resistance granted by equipment.
- Item Discovery stacks with Covetous Gold Serpent Ring or Symbol of Avarice.
- The Cursebite Ring multiplied the Curse resistance by 4 (+300% raise). This does not affect Curse resistance granted by armors, only from base stat + Humanity stat.
- Contribution as a modifier for weapon scaling stops at 10 Humanities.