In Game Description
Miracle of the black-haired witch Velka.
Temporary autocounter vs. heavy damage.
For each sin there is a punishment, and
it is the task of Goddess Velka to define
the sin, and mete out the punishment.
Sold by Oswald of Carim
|Spell Type||Uses||Faith||Duration||Slot Cost||NPC Trainer||Training Cost|
|AoE||4||20||60 sec||1||Oswald of Carim||40,000|
- When cast, it creates a visible buff effect on the player that lasts for 60 seconds. If the player is hit 5 times in a row while Karmic Justice is active, it will trigger and create a large, highly damaging shockwave similar to Wrath of the Gods. The explosion effect is colored purple.
- This spell's damage formula is bugged. Karmic Justice's damage formula only calculates the MagAdjust of the weapon equipped on the right hand at the time of the explosion. This means:
- The damage scales off the MagAdjust of any magic catalyst in a character's right hand, whether it's a talisman, a catalyst, or a Pyromancy Flame.
- Wielding a high MagAdjust talisman on the left hand (e.g. for casting this miracle) and normal weapon on the right hand yields lower damage explosion, but:
- This miracle somehow treats Magic damage on the right hand non-catalyst weapons as a MagAdjust, but weaker (e.g. wielding Moonlight Greatsword yields stronger explosion compared to wielding Obsidian Greatsword on the right hand at the time of explosion, but still weaker than wielding Tin Crystallization Catalyst).
- Damage is increased with the Crown of Dusk/Crown of the Dark Sun, Ring of the Sun's Firstborn, and Red Tearstone Ring
Trigger Buildup Timing
The AoE blast only occurs when the player is hit 5 times in a row. Each hit must occur within 3 seconds of the previous hit in order to continue counting up to 5. Any wait longer than 3 seconds will restart the buildup process.
In addition to taking 5 hits normally, there are a few more ways to trigger the explosion:
- Karmic Justice can trigger even if damage is taken through a shield. As such, one possible tactic is to use a shield with less than 100% physical damage reduction and simply block attacks until it goes off.
- Individual orbs within spells like Homing Crystal Soulmass, Pursuers, or Dark Bead all count as individual sources of damage. If at least five projectiles from a single spell cast hit the player, even simultaneously, it will trigger.
- Rolling through hits to avoid damage with i-frames will still allow the Karmic Justice buildup to occur.
- Hits are still counted if an enemy continues attacking the same space where the caster just died. It is possible to trigger the explosion and kill others shortly after death.
- Standing in lava will trigger Karmic Justice very quickly.