One of Gwyn's Four Knights and the group's only female member, Ciaran laid waste to Gwyn's enemies through assassination and subterfuge. She makes her appearance in Oolacile in the additional content. After the death of Knight Artorias, she is found paying her respects to her friend. She requests that the player give her the Soul of Artorias. In exchange, she gives you her two weapons, the Dark Silver Tracer and Gold Tracer.
It is implied through her dialogue, and the fact that the Hornet Ring is found behind Artorias' grave on a female corpse in the base game, that she was very close to the fallen knight and possibly had feelings for him.
In the room where you fought Knight Artorias. Appears only if you leave the general vicinity through loading screens (or just quit and reload the game) and you have the Soul of Artorias in your inventory.
- Gifts you Gold Tracer and Dark Silver Tracer if you give her the Soul of Artorias. Note that she will drop these weapons if you kill her, so only trade the Soul of Artorias if you do not plan to kill her.
- Porcelain Mask
- Lord's Blade Robe
- Lord's Blade Gloves
- Lord's Blade Waistcloth
- Gold Tracer and Dark Silver Tracer if you didn't give her the Soul of Artorias
- Speaking to her and refusing to give her Soul of Artorias may cause her to disappear and never return for the duration of the current playthrough. If you plan to kill her, do it immediately after talking to her.
- Ciaran will not parry the player in combat. The gold tracer, when equipped in the left hand, doesn't have a parrying action.
- The name Ciaran likely comes from gaelic meaning "dark, or black one", however it is set up as a male name rather than the female Ciara, even through Ciaran in the game is clearly female. Whether this is a oversight or have to do with in game lore with women and knighthood is an unknown
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Hannah John Kamen