Lordvessel bestowed upon the chosen Undead who is destined to succeed Lord Gwyn.
The chosen Undead is granted the art of warping between bonfires.
To open the final door, place this vessel on the Firelink Altar, and fill it with powerful souls.
- Given by Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight after you talk to her for the first time
- Dropped by Gwynevere, Princess of Sunlight - if not already given
The Lordvessel has two uses
Warping - allows instant warping between Bonfires, with caveats
- You may only warp to bonfires at which you have already rested
- You can only warp to specific bonfires, but can warp from any bonfire with the exception of the Duke's Archives prison cell and the Painted World of Ariamis, even once you escape these areas.
End Game access - opens the final area of the game
To access the Kiln of the First Flame, you must deposit the four Lord Souls at the Firelink Altar
- Bonfires that are near covenants are all warpable. The only covenant which is not immediately accessible via a bonfire is the Forest Hunter Covenant.
- The ability to warp is not lost once the Lordvessel is deposited onto the Firelink altar. However, if you decide to put the Lordvessel on the Firelink Altar on your own by dropping into the hole without talking to either Frampt or Kaathe, they will both abandon you and will not be available for the rest of the game. This may be because each serpent thinks you're siding with the other one.
- After warping, the bonfire you warp from is still considered your active checkpoint, so items and abilities like Homeward Bone will still warp you to your original location, and if you die, you will return to your location prior to warping. This allows you to warp to and from remote bonfires, as long you do not rest at another bonfire.
- When you patch your game to 1.06 after you already visited all of non-Additional Content bonfires, you need to revisit them to make them appear in the bonfire Warp menu selection.