Marvellous Chester is a human who, like the player, was dragged into the past from an unknown time and place1. He acts as a merchant in Royal Wood, and as an invading Black Phantom in the Oolacile Township.
|Bloodred Moss Clump||400|
|Purple Moss Clump||600|
|Blooming Purple Moss Clump||1,500|
Drops (as a human)
- Black Phantoms will only spawn if the player is in human form and the area boss has not been defeated. This means that defeating a boss before being invaded by a particular NPC Black Phantom will forever deny that Black Phantom from appearing in that area on the current playthrough.
- Killing the human form of Marvellous Chester before triggering his Dark Spirit invasion will cause him to not invade the player in Oolacile Township.
- Killing his Dark Spirit form will not deny you his merchant services, but he'll just be annoyed at you, reflected in his dialogue.
- Chester sells almost everything at double the price of what its value actually is, only use his services if you're impatient to get your items. Most of the items he sells can be found elsewhere for cheaper.
- Although he is human and has a humanoid model, his model is an actual entity of it's own. The special hornet ring animation will not play when parrying/backstabbing Marvellous Chester, nor can you use the Dark Hand to attempt to drain humanity from him, unlike every other human.
Chester's animations are different from most humanoid enemies.
- Sniper Crossbow attack - which he can fire in three times in succession or make a precision shot to your head.
- Throw rose daggers - throws three rose daggers in a fan-like shape, causing bleed buildup. This attack can potentially one-shot you on NG+ if all projectiles connect.
- Low sweeping kick.
- His dodge is very different from other humanoid enemies; he performs a longer-ranged leap to the side.
- He's deadly at long range, with various ranged attacks. Engage him at close range.
- Clear the nearby Bloatheads before you fight him, they can engage you in melee while Chester's shooting at you.
- Equip bleed resistance equipments just in case.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: William Houston