- Adds base Magic damage to weapons and adds bonus Magic damage that scales with Faith
- Adds base damage to weapons per upgrade level, but at a lower rate than Normal path
- Reduces base damage for weapons from Normal path
- Adds physical damage scaling to weapons from Strength and/or Dexterity stat per upgrade level, lower rate than Normal path.
- Lowers Strength and/or Dexterity scaling to weapons from Normal path
- Adds 110 Divine auxiliary effect
- Adds Magic defense to Shields per upgrade level
- Weapon cannot be enchanted/buffed
|Upgrade to Normal +5 using nine Titanite Shards at any Blacksmith or with a Weapon Smithbox|
|1. Give the Divine Ember to Andre of Astora in order to ascend Normal +5 Weapons or Shields to Divine +0
2. Ascend a Normal +5 Weapon or Shield to Divine +0 by giving one Green Titanite Shard to Andre of Astora
|Upgrade from Divine +0 to Divine +5 using nine Green Titanite Shards at any Blacksmith or with a Weapon Smithbox|
|1. Give the Dark Ember to Andre of Astora in order to modify Divine +5 Weapons or Shields to Occult +0
2. Modify a Divine +5 Weapon or Shield to Occult +0 by giving one White Titanite Chunk to Andre of Astora
|Upgrade from Occult +0 to Occult +4 by using seven White Titanite Chunks at any Blacksmith or with a Weapon Smithbox|
|Upgrade from Occult +4 to Occult +5 by using one White Titanite Slab at any Blacksmith or with a Weapon Smithbox|
- The Divine Ember is required to ascend Normal +5 weapons to Divine +0
- The Dark Ember is required to ascend Divine +5 weapons to Occult +5
- An Occult weapon cannot be buffed or enchanted with Sorceries, Miracles, or resins, but you still can enchant Occult shields with Magic Shield or Strong Magic Shield.
- The Occult aux. effect makes Occult weapons do extra damage against Silver Knights, Black Knights and Gwyn, Lord of Cinder. Remember that removal of the Divine aux. effect means Occult weapons cannot prevent Skeletons from reviving.
- Other than weapons in Occult upgrade path, there are also two Unique weapons that also have Occult property, and therefore have the above properties as well. These weapons are:
- Occult upgrade path reduces the weapon's base Magic damage. This lowered base Magic damage is bad enough that no matter what your Faith level is, the Occult path's Magic damage will never overcome its Divine counterpart, even with 99 Faith. Although, conversely, Divine path's physical damage will never overcome its Occult counterpart. This means without factoring the auxilliary effect, at the same Occult/Divine level, the damage difference is almost negligible; some enemies may take slightly higher damage with Occult, and other enemies may take slightly higher damage with Divine.
page revision: 27, last edited: 25 Sep 2013 19:22