Appears on the bottom floor of the bell tower at the top of the Undead Church in Undead Parish after ringing the bell. Is standing with arms spread out (looks like a broken T pose model) looking straight ahead.
- One of two merchants that can remove curses in the game with Purging stone. His purging stone is 3,000 souls cheaper than the Female Undead Merchant.
- He can absolve your sins for the cost of 500 per soul level. Use the "Request Absolution" option on his dialogue menu. See Absolution for more information.
- Allows you to abandon your Covenant free of charge, without making said Covenant hostile. Use the "Abandon Covenant" option on his dialogue menu.
- Teaches the "Well! What is it?" Gesture.
|Purging stone x5||3,000||Remove curses caused by Basilisks in depths or Seath the Scaleless in Crystal Cave.|
|Indictment||200||Used to indict invaders if you are killed when they invaded. Only need one in inventory; it can be used any number of times.|
|Book of the Guilty x1||1,000||List of players who have sinned, and will later face the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant members.|
|Karmic Justice||40,000||Miracle, Temporary auto counter vs heavy damage.|
|Velka's Talisman||5,000||The only Talisman that scales with INT.|
|Bloodbite Ring x1||10,000||Increases bleeding/blood loss resistance.|
|Poisonbite Ring x1||15,000||Increases poison resistance.|
|Ring of Sacrifice x10||5,000||The wearer will not lose souls or humanity upon death, but the ring itself will break after you die.|
|Homeward Bone||500||Returns the player to the last bonfire used.|
- Velka's Rapier +3 - right hand
- Velka's Talisman - right hand
- Parrying Dagger +3 - left hand
- Heal miracle
- Black Set +2
- It is not recommended to kill Oswald, he has cheap Purging Stones and you can request absolution if you sinned.
- Likely a reference to the corrupt pardoner in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, who pardons people of their sins for a high price.
- At about half health, he will start to cast a healing miracle.
- Will attempt to parry you, then riposte for massive damage.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: David Gant