"Trusty" Patches makes a return visit to the Dark Souls universe in style, making up for a nice reminiscence for all Demon's Souls players. He's a thief, preying on unsuspecting victim by kicking them down a pit. He (still) hates clerics.
In front of the spiked bridge. He will only be encountered in the Catacombs if you go there while Rhea is still at Firelink Shrine AND before you kill Pinwheel. After either of those occur, he will move on to the Tomb. However, it is not required to see him in the Catacombs for him to become a vendor.
Tomb of the Giants
After the first bonfire.
After you have killed Gravelord Nito, if given the right answer when encountered in the Tomb of the Giants (see below). His location just past Kingseeker Frampt to the left, just before you head into the cemetery area of the Shrine. He should be squatting by a wall.
- Depending on your answer when you meet him in the Tomb of the Giants, he may return to the Firelink Shrine as a vendor after defeating Nito. He sells cleric equipments.
- Teaches "Prostation" Gesture.
Getting Patches to Sell You Wares
When first encountered, at either location, he will ask if you are a cleric.
- If you answer with "Yes" he will trick you (by reflipping the bridge in the Catacombs while you're on it, or by luring you to the side of a pit then kicking you down in the Tomb of the Giants). Upon your return from his death trap, he will be hostile if you speak to him. In order for him to go to the Firelink Shrine ignore him after being dropped and he will be friendly once you get to the Firelink Shrine.
- If you answer with "No" he will still trick you, but upon talking to him for a second time after being dropped, he will ask you whether or not you're willing to forgive him.
- Answering "Yes" means you forgive him. After killing Gravelord Nito, he will be a merchant in Firelink Shrine.
- Answering "No" will result in a gift of Humanity (Twin Humanities in the Tomb) as a token of good will from Patches, and he'll still be a merchant in Firelink Shrine after you kill Gravelord Nito.
|Eye of Death(x3)||3,000||Used by Gravelord Servants to put a curse.|
|Great Heal Excerpt||10,000|
|Canvas Talisman||1,000||Starting equipment of Cleric class.|
|Mask of the Father||8,000|
|Mask of the Mother||8,000|
|Mask of the Child||8,000|
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: William Vanderpuye