A magesmith from Vinheim Dragon School. Somehow trapped in a cell in New Londo Ruins and can't get out, although he doesn't seem to mind. Specialized in Magic weapon enchantments.
New Londo Ruins
Exit the lift down from the Firelink Shrine and into the first open area with the ruins in the distance. Go to the far right and follow a set of broken stairs down towards the water. Be careful not to fall off the stairs and on the left hand side at the bottom of the steps behind some bars is Rickert. (video)
- Can reinforce weapons using the appropriate Titanite.
- Can ascend +5 Normal weapons to Magic weapons using Green Titanite Shard.
- Can ascend +5 Magic weapons to +6 Magic weapons when given a Large Magic Ember, found in The Duke's Archives.
- Can ascend +5 Magic weapons to Enchanted weapons if given an Enchanted Ember, found in the chest guarded by two Mushroom Parents in the Darkroot Garden.
- Can repair any1 damaged equipment for souls. Cost depends on the equipment's soul-cost-per-durability ratio and the amount of durability repaired.
- Early access to basic Sorcery, before rescuing Griggs of Vinheim.
|Soul Arrow||2,000||Sold by Griggs cheaper at 1,000.|
|Heavy Soul Arrow||4,000||Sold by Griggs cheaper at 2,000.|
- If you answer "No" when he asks for any ember, he will keep asking the player the next time you start a conversation with him.
- He is possible to kill using certain AoE attacks, like Wrath of the Gods; or by using weapons with long range, like the Silver Knight Spear.
- Equipped with a unique version of the Mage Smith Set which contains no item names or descriptions and cannot be equipped on female characters.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Adam Sopp