Shiva is the captain of the a clan in the Forest Hunter. A collector of rare weapons, he's willing to sell some of his collection to the player for a cost. He hails from the East, as is his ninja bodyguard that's always with him. Although his bodyguard never speaks, he's always ready to act when Shiva is in danger.
Near the ruins where Alvina is sitting in the window. You must be in the Forest Hunter covenant for him to appear. He'll tell you some background information on the Forest hunter covenant (Nothing that Alvina hasn't already mentioned). He won't sell you weapons until meet him in Blighttown.
His bodyguard is right behind him, in the little pocket between the cliff and the wall.
As a merchant. His location will be in the swamp, in front of the waterwheel elevator.
- Player must still be in the Forest Hunter covenant.
- Player must speak to Shiva in the forest before he will appear in Blighttown
His bodyguard is behind the wall where Shiva is leaning against.
|Flamberge||10,000||This weapon is designed to flay the skin and causes heavy bleeding|
|Stone Greatsword||15,000||The same magic which created the stone knights is imbued in the sword. Unleash this power by wielding the sword with two hands (Darkroot Garden Giant Stone Knights sword)|
|Demon Great Machete||10,000||The sword is imbued with no particular magic, but for those who have the strength, its weight will smash foes mercilessly|
|Shotel||10,000||Requires great skill to wield, but evades shield defence to sneak in damage|
|Uchigatana||5,000||The Uchigatana cuts beautifully and causes bleeding, but its blade is easily nicked|
|Washing Pole||20,000||The blade is extremely long, but as a result, quite easily broken|
|Demon's Greataxe||10,000||This axe is flashy, but can beat foes to a pulp with ease, provided you have the strength to wield it|
|Claw||5,000||Attacks cause bleeding, and the wounds inflicted are not easily mended. Preferred weapon of the spooks of an Eastern land|
|Demon's Spear||15,000||The weapon of these chaos demons wandering Anor Londo are different from those of other chaos demons, and are imbued with lightning|
|East Wood Grain Ring x1||10,000||Slows the loss of weapon durability, and is particularly useful to bearers of delicate swords crafted in the East (Asian/Curved)|
- Shiva will stop selling you his wares if you abandon or break your bond with the Forest Hunter Covenant.
- If you make him hostile either by breaking the covenant or by attacking him without getting him killed (or you lose), he will relocate to Darkroot Garden and attack you on sight. If you absolve your sin and rejoin the Forest Hunter, he'll be back in Blighttown.
- Shiva was originally meant to betray the player, in the same fashion as Satsuki from Demon's Souls. You can listen to his cut dialogues here. This is why Alvina has a dialogue where she says she doesn't trust him and Patches warns you to be careful around Shiva.
- Shiva's ninja bodyguard will also occasionally use pyromancy like Fire Surge.
- As with any other PvP situations in Darkroot Garden, Shiva and his bodyguard's entire costume can be used as a disguise by the host, which can sometimes fool the invading Dark Spirits. If you are one of these Dark Spirits and can't seem to find the host, try hitting every enemy here. As you're "allied" with the host's enemies, your attacks won't even connect with the real ones, but it will connect if it hits the host.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Kuei Lin Hsu