These skeletal warriors initially appears as scattered bones on the ground. They will reassemble when you are near them.
Every group of Skeletons (about 6 or more) in The Catacombs belongs to a Necromancer. When the Necromancer is still alive, they will revive by reassembling themselves several seconds after you kill them unless you kill them with a Divine weapon. Killing a Necromancer who commands his own flock of Skeletons will stop those Skeletons from reviving, even if there are other Necromancers around. The Necromancers do not respawn.
They will revive even if they fall off a cliff, but will no longer be a threat unless you go down to meet them. You can predict when a skeleton will revive because it will only drop souls if it has been permanently killed.
Common enemies throughout the area.
Scimitar & Falchion
- Falchion skeleton
- Falchion - rare
- Archer skeleton
- Short Bow - rare
- Rolling attack
- Strong Lunge Slash Attack
- Two quick slashes followed by backwards jump to avoid counterattacks.
- Multiple Slashes from 1 to 4 attacks continuously
- Switches stance to holding his scimitar pointed to your right. If you attack while they are in this stance, they will parry and severely injure you.
- Corkscrew Dive Bomb Attack (for lack of a better name): The Dive Bomb Attack consists of the skeleton visibly "charging up" and then flying at you in a corkscrew spin for High Damage, shattering and re-assembling himself, leaving himself vulnerable for attacks.
Note that their Falchion and Scimitar strikes cause bleed damage, even though those weapons don't cause that effect when the player is using them.
- For new characters, use a hammer weapon (e.g. Mace, or Morning star) to knockdown skeletons. They're vulnerable to knockdown by both quick and strong attacks from a mace, though the duration of their knockdown is longer with a strong attack. This allows the player to link together a series of quick/strong attacks and defeat skeletons unscathed. Can also be used to knock them off cliffs.
- Like Hollow archers, Skeleton archers will run away from you if you take your time in getting close, so kill them quickly.