Sorcery catalyst used by sorcerers of
Vinheim Dragon School.
Equip catalyst to use sorceries.
Attune sorceries from a scroll at a bonfire.
Most sorceries have a limited no. of uses.
- Starting equipment of Sorcerer class
- Found in Lower Undead Burg, from a corpse in a barrel in the same room that Griggs of Vinheim is locked in
- Sold by Griggs of Vinheim for 500 souls
- Sold by Rickert of Vinheim for 500 souls
- The Sorcerer's Catalyst MagAdjust makes it a solid choice for builds with 32-40 INT, a popular benchmark for late-game sorcery minimum requirements as well as PvP builds, which is quite surprising considering it's a starting item for all sorcerers. For mid-level INT up to 28, however, its usefulness is surpassed early on by the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst.
|Mag/Mrcl Compensation||The Magic Power of the catalyst. This value scales with the user's Magic stat, according to the catalyst's AddedParam. Hence, the values displayed in the table are taken with 18 Magic. Also the Miracle Power of the talisman. This value scales with the user's Faith stat, according to the talisman's AddedParam. Hence, the values displayed in the table are taken with 18 Faith.|
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The health of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|Requirements:||The requirements determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for an weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the spell damage.
|Stat Bonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus you receive based on the associated Stat when you use a weapon. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|