Sorcery catalyst used by sorcerers of
Vinheim Dragon School.
Equip catalyst to use sorceries.
Attune sorceries from a scroll at a bonfire.
Most sorceries have a limited no. of uses.
- Starting equipment of Sorcerer class
- Found in Lower Undead Burg, from a corpse in a barrel in the same room that Griggs of Vinheim is locked in
- Sold by Griggs of Vinheim for 500 souls
- Sold by Rickert of Vinheim for 500 souls
- The Sorcerer's Catalyst MagAdjust makes it a solid choice for builds with 32-40 INT, a popular benchmark for late-game sorcery minimum requirements as well as PvP builds, which is quite surprising considering it's a starting item for all sorcerers. For mid-level INT up to 28, however, its usefulness is surpassed early on by the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst.
|MagAdjust||The Magic/Miracle Power of the catalyst/talisman. This value scales with the user's Intelligence/Faith stat. The value displayed in the table is taken with maximum stats and varies with lower stats.|
The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
|Critical:||The damage bonus for backstabs and ripostes|
|Durability:||The health of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
The requirements determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for an weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the spell damage.
|Stat Bonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus you receive based on the associated Stat when you use a weapon. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|Frampt Souls:||This is the amount of souls you will receive if you feed the item to Kingseeker Frampt.|