Blood-Drained, shrunken ear.
Souvenir taken for subduing the guilty.
The knights called the Blades of the Darkmoon
punish the guilt-soaked offenders of the Gods
and take this as proof of their conquest.
The earless corpses of the guilty will be
left behind as a warning to others, inspiring
both fear and respect for the Gods. Such is
the eternal mandate of the Dark Sun.
Gain favor in the Blade of the Darkmoon Covenant
- Trade for more favour with the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant. You gain one for every "Sinner" you kill.
- Crow Demon drop in the Painted World Of Ariamis (very rare - About a 3.6% chance. Drop chance was increased in patch 1.51)
- Kill Knight Lautrec of Carim after he kills the Firelink Shrine Firekeeper and you invade him in the room before the Anor Londo boss with the black eye orb.
- dropped by hostile Phantoms using the Blue Eye Orb
The following items/spells are recommended if you want to farm Souvenirs of Reprisal in offline mode:
- Covetous Gold Serpent Ring
- Ring of Sun's Firstborn
- Bow & Arrows
- Talisman/Pyromancy Flame
- Wrath of the Gods Miracle (or similar quick-casting Area of Effect spell), at least 4-5 charges
- Homeward Miracle or Homeward Bones
From the bonfire in the Painted World Of Ariamis, head towards the stairs to the right and up the battlements. Ignore the enemies or try to kill as many as you can (if you have memorized Wrath of the Gods twice, use one charge when you reach the battlements to kill the archer and the two melee fighters that come charging at you). Continue up the tower to the left, killing all enemies on your way. When you reach the top of the tower with the corpse in the far corner, stay to your left and approach the corner facing the courtyard. You should see two Crow Demons in the distance on top the tower at the Annex. Enter sniper mode and shoot 1-2 arrows at each of them, which will cause them to come flying towards you. Immediately approach the corpse on the tower you are on, which will cause two more Crow Demons to attack from above. Try to time your pull so that the two Crow Demons from the Annex reach your position at the same time that the other two spawn. As soon as you see their shadows in the middle of the tower, start casting Wrath of the Gods and don't stop until they are all dead. Three casts should be enough for them to die, but due to the delay in spawn, 4 to 5 casts are often required. Any survivors are easily finished off with your melee weapon. Use Homeward, rinse, and repeat. You should be able to kill four demons in about 2 minutes this way.
Same materials equipped as above, except no need for bow and arrows.
1. Start at the bonfire and run through the courtyard and up the stairs in the annex (these are the stairs in the right corner past where the broken benches are)
2. Turn left, run up the stairs, and kill the fire guy at the top
3. First crow will come down from the top of the tower to meet you - kill before she tries to jump off
4. Run up to the top and kill the second crow plus the next two crows that show up suddenly. Wrath of Gods can make this easy, or just use pyromancy or a big weapon.
5. Now go back to the part with the big hole in it and go down the other stairs toward the circular tower. Run around until you get to the entrance on the other side
6. Go just a little ways up the stairs inside and two more crow demons will come down to meet you.
7. Either use a homeward bone or Homeward miracle or jump/walk down to the bottom of the tower and back through the courtyard to the bonfire
That gives you 6 crow demons to kill relatively quickly. I also recommend laying down your blue stone as soon as you get into the courtyard on the off chance you can invade and kill another player for a souvenir if you're playing online.
Farming Note: If you are farming at Painted World of Ariamis, in addition to Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and 10 Humanities, starting off at bonfire by wearing Symbol of Avarice, even Item Discovery don't change, you have better chance of at least one Souvenir of Reprisal drop, even with patch 1.05. I've tested it without wearing Symbol of Avarice and I get one per five runs. With Symbol of Avarice, I get one per run. Confirmed: Did a couple of runs with just 10 Humanity and the Ring and got about one Souvenir per 1-2 runs. I started equipping the Symbol of Avarice and ended up getting 2-3 on each run. Could it be that Item Discovery increases beyond 410 without it showing?