- Meets Strength requirements for equipments
- Damage modifier on weapons with Strength scaling
- Damage modifier for Dark Sorceries, depending on the catalyst's Strength scaling in addition to the catalyst's MagAdjust
Equipments listed here are only the ones that needs more than 9 points of Strength, because the lowest Strength possibly on any character is 9 (by choosing Sorcerer or Thief as a starting class). Remember that this list is only the Strength requirement for one-handing an equipment, so in some cases, two-handing weapons with lower Strength is possible and there may be need to to invest in other stats to effectively use weapons.
- All weapons except the Dark Hand have Strength requirement, but every class starts with at least 9 points in Strength, making roughly half of all weapons' Strength requirement irrelevant
- Lack of Strength to wield a weapon or shield (as shown with the red X on the D-pad menu) will make the character have a different, slower animation when using said weapon, in addition to damage penalty and bouncing attacks
- Shields can be equipped in either hand, but can only be wielded two-handed if equipped in the right hand. If the shield is wielded in one hand and the Strength requirement is not met to wield it, then blocking any attacks with the shield will result in an immediate stagger, although the damage may still be blocked
- Two-handing a weapon increases Strength by a factor of 1.5 rounded down to the nearest integer. (e.g. 34 STR while two-handing becomes 51 STR, while 35 STR two-handing becomes 52.5 STR, which rounds down to 52 STR)