- Meets Strength requirements for equipments
- Damage modifier on weapons with Strength scaling
- Damage modifier for Dark Sorceries, depending on the catalyst's Strength scaling in addition to the catalyst's MagAdjust
Strength RequirementsEquipments listed here are only the ones that needs more than 9 points of Strength, because the lowest Strength you can get is 9 (by choosing Sorcerer or Thief as a starting class). Remember that this list is only the Strength requirement for one-handing an equipment, so you can also two-hand it to wield with lower Strength and you may need to put points in other stats to effectively use it.
- All weapons except the Dark Hand have Strength requirement, but every class starts with at least 9 points in Strength, making roughly half of all weapons' Strength requirement irrelevant.
- Lack of Strength to wield a weapon or shield (as shown with the red X on the D-pad menu) will make the character have a different, slower animation when using said weapon, in addition to damage penalty and bouncing attacks.
- Shields can be equipped in either hand, but can only be wielded two-handed if equipped in the right hand. If you wield the shield in one hand and you don't have enough Strength to wield it, then blocking any attacks with the shield will result in an immediate stagger, although the damage may still be blocked.
- Two-handing a weapon increases Strength by a factor of 1.5 rounded down to the nearest integer. (e.g. 34 STR while two-handing becomes 51 STR, while 35 STR two-handing becomes 52.5 STR, which rounds down to 52 STR.)
page revision: 34, last edited: 07 May 2014 14:10