In Game Description
Monster head resembling a treasure chest.
Once an ancient god, it is said this is the
symbol of shame imposed on a long lost clan,
exiled for the sin of avarice.
Wearing this slightly raises soul absorption
and item discovery, but also affects its
wearer with the curse of the branded.
- Drains health at the rate of 5 HP/Second.
- Adds +200 to Item Discovery.
- Increases soul drop by 20%.
|Image||Name||Physical Defense||Elemental Defense||Resistance||Poise||Durability||Weight||Frampt Souls|
|Symbol of Avarice||21 / 10.9 / 21 / 21||8/2/2||10/0/0||15||-||10.0||3,000|
- The soul drop effect of this helmet does stack with the soul increase of Covetous Silver Serpent Ring. It will increase to 144%. (120% * 1.20 = 144%) Also stacks with 20% soul increases from overkill, increasing the amount of souls to 172.8%. (144% *1.20 = 172.8%)
- There's a time gap between the death of a boss and its soul drop. You can equip this helmet and/or Covetous Silver Serpent Ring in this time frame, and you will still get extra souls. The time frame is quite long; you can fully view a boss' death animation and still have time to switch gears.
- Due to its regular health drain, this item is a good choice for safely reaching the required health for using the Red Tearstone Ring.
- The health drain continues even when resting at bonfire. If you want to peruse your spells or items at a bonfire, remember to take it off or it will kill you right at the bonfire.