In Game Description
Monster head resembling a treasure chest.
Once an ancient god, it is said this is the
symbol of shame imposed on a long lost clan,
exiled for the sin of avarice.
Wearing this slightly raises soul absorption
and item discovery, but also affects its
wearer with the curse of the branded.
- Equippable helmet, turns your head into a chest
- Slowly drains health - 5 HP/Second
- Adds +200 to item discovery
- Increases soul drop by 20%
- Mimic drop (extremely rare)
Since mimics do not respawn until NG+, the easiest way to get this item is to punch a mimic (low damage) and then throw a Lloyd's Talisman at it. This will cause the mimic to go back to a passive state and allow you to loot it. Repeat this until you get the helmet. - Video
- The soul drop effect of this helmet does stack with the soul increase of Covetous Silver Serpent Ring. It will increase to 144%. (120% * 1.20 = 144%) Also stacks with 20% soul increases from overkill, increasing the amount of souls to 73%. (144% *1.20 = 173%)
- There's a time gap between the death of a boss and its soul drop. You can equip this helmet and/or Covetous Silver Serpent Ring in this time frame, and you will still get extra souls. The time frame is quite long; you can fully view a boss' death animation and still have time to switch gears.
- Due to its regular health drain, this item is a good choice for safely reaching the required health for using the Red Tearstone Ring.
- The health drain is relatively fast, so if you want to peruse your spells or items at a bonfire, remember to take it off or it will kill you right at the bonfire.