From the Bonfire, exit out of the bonfire room and kill the Undead Soldier with the crossbow and the three Armored Hollows on the area below to the right. Kill the two Undead Soldiers with spears on the opposite roof top area. Smash the crates (in the spear soldier area) around the stairs going down. Once in the room downstairs deal with an Armored Hollow hidden behind some crates, as he will surprise you later while talking to the merchant otherwise. The merchant is out of the door opposite to the bottom of the stairs on a ledge.
This Undead sells the items he looted from the corpses of adventurers. He has a hollowed appearance, but is not fully hollow. He has a "companion" named Yulia (in reality his uchigatana/bucket/imaginary pet1), showing that he's not perfectly sane either.
- Residence Key (if not already bought)
- Orange Guidance Soapstone (if not already bought)
- It's best to avoid killing him if you require a constant source of Repair Powder in the early stages of the game. He's also the only merchant that sells Lloyd's Talisman without the Additional Content (if you have the Additional Content, Marvellous Chester also sells it).
- A canny invader can trick a beginner player into swinging at and hitting the merchant out of desperation. In which case the merchant quickly becomes aggressive and attacks with his uchigatana.
- Be wary that if you made him hostile, you must progress pass the Gargoyles to request absolution.
All dialogue text is © From Software Inc.
Voiced by: Miles Richardson