The Warrior of Sunlight are the followers of the firstborn of the Great Lord Gwyn. They harness the power of sunlight, manifested as lightning powers.
This covenant is mostly for co-op purposes, with an additional focus on attack Miracles (contrast the Princess's Guard). Joining this covenant will allow the player to be summoned as a Gold Phantom for cooperative play. Joining and ranking up will give the player access to several offensive miracles. Higher priority matchmaking on the network also facilitates a higher success rate of co-op summons.
For example, if you help kill three bosses while you're a white phantom, you only need 10 Faith (25 - 3*5) to join the Warrior of Sunlight.
How to Join
- Members have a higher priority connecting online with players in co-op covenants (Way of White, Warrior of Sunlight, and Princess's Guard) on the network. This reduces the risk of invasions, as the connection slot is used for co-op instead of invasion.
- When you use White Sign Soapstone, your soul sign will be a golden soul sign, making your sign stands out more. Your summoned phantom form will also be a Gold Phantom.
- Upon clearing a boss with a Gold Phantom in the group, all members of the group (summoner and other phantom) are awarded a Sunlight Medal.
- Strong ranged Lightning-damage miracles in the form of Lightning Spear, Great Lightning Spear, and Sunlight Spear.
|+0||0||Lightning Spear and Praise the Sun gesture|
|+1||10||Great Lightning Spear and able to trade Soul of Gwyn for Sunlight Spear|
- The Sunlight Spear requires current membership of the Warrior of Sunlight covenant to be used. Only the Lightning Spear and Great Lightning Spear miracles can still be used if you leave the covenant.
- The Sunlight Spear is available to most players only in NG+ because it requires the last boss' soul. However it is possible to obtain before NG+ if another player online gives you the Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.