The Warrior of Sunlight are the followers of the firstborn of the Great Lord Gwyn. They harness the power of sunlight, manifested as lightning powers.
This covenant is mostly for co-op purposes, with an additional focus on attack Miracles (contrast the Princess's Guard). Joining this covenant allows the player to be summoned as a Gold Phantom for cooperative play. Joining and ranking up will give the player access to several offensive miracles. Higher priority matchmaking on the network also facilitates a higher success rate of co-op summons.
For example, if 4 bosses are defeated as white phantom, only 5 Faith will be the new requirement (25 - (4x5)) to join the Warrior of Sunlight.
How to Join
- Members have a higher priority connecting online with players in co-op covenants (Way of White, Warrior of Sunlight, and Princess's Guard) on the network. This reduces the risk of invasions, as the connection slot is used for co-op instead of invasion
- When using White Sign Soapstone, player soul sign will appear gold instead of white, as well as player phantom
- Upon clearing a boss with a Gold Phantom in the surviving group, all surviving members receive a Sunlight Medal
- Strong ranged Lightning-damage miracles in the form of Lightning Spear, Great Lightning Spear, and Sunlight Spear
|+0||0||Lightning Spear, Praise the Sun gesture|
|+1||10||Great Lightning Spear, can offer Soul of Gwyn for Sunlight Spear|
- The Sunlight Spear requires current membership of the Warrior of Sunlight covenant to be used. Only the Lightning Spear and Great Lightning Spear miracles can still be used after leaving the covenant.
- The Sunlight Spear is available to most players only in NG+ because it requires the last boss' soul. However it is possible to obtain before NG+ by obtaining the Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder from another player