Online play item.
Leave summon sign.
Be summoned to another world as a phantom
through your sign, and defeat the area boss
to acquire humanity.
(Hollows cannot conduct summons)
In Lordran, the flow of time is distorted,
and the White Sign Soapstone allows
Undead to assist one another.
An online play item. It creates a white soul sign that another player can use to summon you into their world for cooperative play.
To cast a sign using the White Sign Soapstone:
- You must be connected online
- It does not matter if you're human or hollowed, or if the area boss is alive or defeated
To see signs cast by other players:
- The player must be in human form
- The area boss must still be alive
- The player cannot have a sign down themselves. Placing a sign makes others invisible and inaccessible
If a member of the Warrior of Sunlight covenant uses the white sign soapstone, their soul sign will appear as golden instead of white. This is the only covenant to have an effect on the color of the white sign soapstone.
The white sign soapstone can also warn players of impending invasions. If you meet the conditions for being invaded, online-use items like the soapstone will become temporarily disabled a few moments before an invasion occurs. The item will appear 'grayed-out' in the HUD, indicating that it cannot be used.
- Given by Solaire of Astora in Undead Burg, when you answer "Yes" to both his questions.
- Dropped by Solaire of Astora if not already given.
- The player who casts a sign can only have their sign seen by others who are within "co-op range" of their level.
- Co-op range calculation: Your Level, +/- (10 + 10% of Your Level). This means a level 100 player using the White Sign Soapstone can be summoned by others who are between the levels of 80 to 120.
- The above formula cannot be applied to the host, as the range is calculated be the player using the White Sign Soapstone. If a host wants to know if they can summon a friend or not, calculate the range from the phantom's perspective to find out if the host's level is found within that range.
There is an infrequent bug that sometimes causes players to be summoned as the wrong kind of phantom. It is possible to use the white sign soapstone and get summoned as an invader, but it is a rare occurrence. This also applies to invasions and summons of all kinds, not just the soapstone.